Brett's Blue Dream Grow

Brett’s Blue Dream. Here are some pictures of my first indoor grow! I bought the blue dream seeds off this site and had a blast growing. After my first grow I realized that I needed a stronger LED light. Plants could have flowered longer as well but I wanted that energetic high. Let me know what you think!

Set Up:

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Nutrients: Fox Farm Big Bloom, Cha Ching, Beasty Bloomz, and Bat Guano.
Light: Vespa 1000 watt Led light![Blue-Dream_4|550x412]

(upload://seRUiahNKPsGfZomhJ0GihcReIC.jpeg)

221794_1052007181356_3183_n

6 Likes

So what’s next?

1 Like

Next will be 3 Bruce Banners and 2 Gold Leaf plants. I invested in some grow tents and the new Bestva 2000 watt reflector series LED. Top tent will be Veg/Autoflowers and bottom will be Flower.

Do you have that new light yet? And do you want advice?

1 Like

Yes. I would love advice. I currently have 5 girls under the 2000 watt led reflector light. Hanging height is at 24’'. Here is a picture of them on day 16 from seed.

2 Likes

Love this strain. All looks good. One suggestion is this. If you really want your plants to produce, HLG lights is the best.

The light guru. @dbrn32

2 Likes

If the new light is the Bestva Elite 2000 COB, it’s only drawing 400w from the wall. It could maybe flower 3x3, if that’s that case.

Knowing that, and since you’ve already started some seeds, I’d veg your photos and let the autos go under the larger of your lights. Once the autos are packing on weight, I’d clone cuttings from the photos. Maybe 4-5 per mom. By that point you might be getting an idea of the vigor of these moms. You could root the clones in 2 weeks and then start vegging them. Flip them into the flower tent once the autos finish. I’d be ruthless about what makes the cut and what doesn’t. You could perhaps keep 4 in a small space. If you try to light a larger space with the light I think you have, they will stretch. Ultimately, it’s entirely up to you, but that’s what I’d do in your shoes.

If you can drum up another $170-300 for lights, we can there are LOTS of options that will enhance your results.

Edit: the lights on amazon have duped so many of us, you’re not the first to buy an import that misrepresents the output. They still grow cannabis, as you demonstrated. They’re just nowhere near as powerful as they claim.

1 Like

I second that brother . Hlg lights are top notch and they are super efficient man. Takes about 10 minutes to put together ,plug in the light and sit back and watch the buds grow my man . I’ve probably bought around 5 in the last 8 months just from upgrading tent and needing more light and they are my go to for lights !

2 Likes

Thanks man! My top tent is a 3x3x6 (Veg) and my bottom tent is 4x4x7 (Flower). I am thinking about moving the Bestva 2000 watt reflector to the top veg tent and maybe use that along with my Vespa 1000 Watt LED. For the flower I think I am going to switch to 1000 watt HPS light. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Off to a great start.

1 Like

You could get great results with a 600w digital ballast that runs either HPS or MH (I mean it could run either one, but not simultaneously). I think that’s a great direction to go if money is tight, and if heat isn’t a concern.

Long term, you’ll be wise to save up and get an HLG 550 or equivalent.

1 Like

This is my 320 xl from hlg and I love this light !

the other 2 lights you see are phantom 1 xl 104 watts from optic led and dont let size fool you those things produce light very well. They are 3500k with the ability to dim down to 10% .

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum by the way brother. You will find all the help you need on here man. You are growing in the right place my friend.

1 Like

Are you pleased with the smoke and yield (for your effort)? I hope you are. The plants look good for a first effort. Better than I did, for darn sure.

I’d ask if your crop will tide you over another 3 months, but if your friends are sharing in it, I think we both know the answer.

I was actually pretty stoked about the first go around at it. Nice Sativa high and got maybe 2 zips. My wife and I are pretty chill smokers so it should last till the next round of girls are ready.

1 Like

A little low stress training will improve your yields off the LEDs. But 2 oz sounds about right for the light you used.

If you put a 600w HPS in, you’re going to see much better yields. If you go the 1000w HPS route, I’d look for one that can dim to 600. The heat might be an issue with a 1000w, and you can buy a $35 bulb to step down to 600w.

2 Likes

Sorry I had a bunch of customers come in at the Firework Stand. I’m a huge fan of Blue Dream. My first had a 19” Cola under a 275 watt light. Yielded 3.32 z’ dried and cured.

New Blue Dreams under my HLG kits.

And welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM, @IceSheets :v:

2 Likes

Thanks! Very happy I found this forum. @elheffe702

2 Likes