Breed’s Breeding Ground

Watered today to get a little runoff the bigger one (Day 21) runoff was 6.4 ph an 634 ppms pretty low an the Critical Purple (Day 17) is at 5.8 ph how tho? an 1900 ppms or was it 1600 shidddd one of them lol. I made a gallon of Jacks feeding (3.6/2.4/1.2) it’s sitting at 1050 ppms at 5.8 ph. Should I water again the one with lower ppms? @FullyMedicated @BobbyDigital @Hellraiser @Low @MrPeat @MidwestGuy

So ended up feeding the Jacks to the Auto an runoff come out 5.9 an 2120 ppms how did it jump from 6.4 ph an 630 ppms to that? Ph 6.6 an 1088 ppms going in @BobbyDigital @FullyMedicated @Hellraiser @Nicky

3 Likes

PH run off is not accurate don’t monitor it, forget about it at least in soil. If you want a PH then a soil slurry sample is needed.

Your run off tds is combining the feed + the organic nutrients in the soil do yea that looks normal. It’s fine. Soil numbers can be much higher then coco numbers and hydro numbers for this reason, also soil is a good buffer so hard to mess up.

3 Likes

Ok so how is a soil slurry test down with tap water never did it before

YouTube is your friend for this one.

2 Likes

Appreciate it my friend

1 Like

@Breed89 sry man im glad theres other people on here that know cause im clueless dude.

1 Like

grab a small container, fill it half way with soil from the pot, halfway with distilled or ro water. Shake the life out of it and let is sit for an hour. It will separate and you can pH it.

Looks like you will be needing to flush for ppms and pH. Verify your soil pH and go from there.

I’d flush until pH reads 6.3-6.5. Likely followed by a feed because of how low the run off ppms will be by the time you get there.

2 Likes

Ok will the same rules apply if using tap water?

Day 29 for this Auto decide to trim an bend the main stem alittle (She Big Mad) Don’t remember the last time I watered I really suck when it comes to watering 🤷

Day 25 for this CP auto she extremely mad after a little trim an a attempt to bend over but was stiff as a d*ck an I failed lol so she’s extra pissed

Any advice would be appreciated HappyGrowDay @FullyMedicated @Hellraiser @BobbyDigital @Mark0427 @Low @Cannabian @Nicky @PurpNGold74

6 Likes

Sometimes they are just some stubborn tightly noded chicas! She should be fine. Did you attempt training after a recent watering? They always seem to be able to take more of a beating when hydrated.

But as someone who’s accidentally topped quite a few plants, be careful. If she aint going, dont push it

5 Likes

No decided to trim alittle this morning an see if I could train them one was not going for it so didn’t chance it. Haven’t watered in about 4 or 5 day’s. The bigger one had a feeding an the other was just plain water

2 Likes

It looks super super dry. A super good soak will do her wonders. I bet. Bending over an auto I’d so early like when it’s only a few nodes tall and keep staking it down from there as it grows. Even if u can pull the top over away from dead center like it site so more of the under stuff gets light didn’t see yet but any nutes yet???

1 Like

Both can probably get a feed without harm. Soak the whole pot top to bottom left to right every crease and crevice lol. Then leave it til dry again. When u water let some drip and collect some and check numbers see what they look like

1 Like

Hey purps! Congrats on the moderator! Had no idea? Guess Ive been too busy with work and all to be paying attention…

2 Likes

So I just watered lights came on at 6pm gave both a feed the older one runoff was 6.4 ph an 1600 ppms an the CP auto has to be locked out or something ph was 5.6 an 2200ppms. Should I just water from here on out til the lockout is over @Hellraiser @BobbyDigital @PurpNGold74

3 Likes

Yeah, just ph’d water until those ppms start coming down.

4 Likes

YAYYYYYYY my first lockout! (don’t know why I’m happy) lol Kinda figured that from the last water runoff was 5.9 ph an 2200 ppms just been giving plain tap water(sits for over 3 days)it’s whole life til today How did this happen hopefully they don’t burn up. Will see but the other out is in preflower already I’m really not feeling auto’s kinda takes the fun out I LIKE VEGGING :fist: lol

3 Likes

So the runoff numbers are what it sets at after u deduct the amount u put into the mix right say ur mix was 1200 ppm u deduct that from the 2600 am I right?? So that’s about 1400 ppm if this is how it’s done then it’s really not that high of numbers if I am thinking this right

1 Like

I’m not really sure how that goes but the number going in was around 800ppms going in. An ended up with 1600 for one an 2200 for the CP auto don’t know what’s going on with her. But they are are looking better this morning @Low @PurpNGold74 @Hellraiser @Cannabian @FullyMedicated

Goodmorning everyone

6 Likes