BrayneGro's Aquaponic Grow

So I’m going to start uploading pics of things I’m doing and things I’m trying in an attempt to keep my first well documented grow journal. Not on any plant or any strain specifically. Just to keep an accurate log of data that I need to keep up with and so y’all can follow and learn more aquaponic methodology right along with me. I don’t need help but if you want to leave comments or questions go right ahead.

6 Likes

Pic from 11_19_17. Straight aquaponic ninja fruit pheno #2 showing heavy iron deficiency. Began feeding molasses and blood meal to correct it in a pinch. I wouldn’t recommend using blood meal unless you cannot immediately find another source of iron as it raises the nitrates which should already be plentiful in aquaponics.

4 Likes

@BrayneGro Looking forward to following along!

Post one of these too so we have all the facts we need to follow along.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Sorry…

Sorry…

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Ninja fruit

How many plants:

3- 1 in media bed and 2 in dual root zone.

Age from Sprout and Flower:

all sprouted between 10_8_17 and 10_15_17

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

Drz pots are around 2 gallon and contain- less than 20% ocean forest+ 80% homemade mix of peat moss, rat bedding(Coco coir), bone meal, vermiculite, worm castings, biochar, compost and probably lots of other things I have added along the way.
Growbed media contains- hydroton, growstones, and biochar.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

I water drz layers every 2 to 3 days and media beds in my larger system flood 6 times a day for 30 minutes and house drz ninja fruit pheno #3 and media bed ninja fruit pheno #2. In my smaller system it floods only 4 times a day for 30 minutes and houses 1 drz ninja fruit pheno #1

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

pH in my larger system is @ 6.0 and in my smaller system at 6.8

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
NA

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

I use homemade nutrients using Korean natural farming methods or other methods.

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

All aquaponics- Small system is 2’x3’ growbed to ceiling is 47" . Large system flowering area is 3’x 4’ and the veg area is the same. growbed to ceiling is 43"

Light system, size and height from plants:

Large system- 23" from light to canopy. Galaxy hydro 300 w led (around 130w actual) x 2 in flowering 1 in in veg. 1 kessil h350 led (90w actual)
Small system- 26" from light to canopy. 1 galaxy hydro 300 w led

Temps; Day, Night:

large system in flower 88 f/ 79f
Small system 83/ 72

Humidity; Day, Night: LS: 43/36 SS: 37/30

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: no, no, no

Co2; Yes, No: no

1 Like

Pic from 11_22_17 looking stable but not much better.

3 Likes

11_29_17 transplanted into the flowering chamber to get her ready to flip. I have been feeding her ground pumpkin seed to supplement iron. Looking a little better but new growth is still coming in a bit yellow with dark veins-Iron deficiency.

1 Like

Ninja fruit pheno #1 on 11_19_17 just put up the trellis getting her ready to flip.

3 Likes

11_22_17 she’s just cruising along.

3 Likes

Guess I didn’t take any pics between 11_22_17 and 12_1_17 so here is the most recent pic of NF1 12_1_17 looks like she is just about ready to flip.

4 Likes

12_2_17 Nf2 is looking much greener. I will continue to feed the pumpkin seed. Might use coffee filters to try to make it a little slower release but I think we will be flipping after tomorrow for both nf1 and Nf2.

3 Likes

I haven’t given nf3 much shine but here she is doing awesome in her drz pot.

Soil zones in order of NF1, NF2, and NF3

4 Likes

So the new growth on nf2 is coming in more solid without dark veins so she is showing clear signs of improvement. I went ahead and made a little teabag style pouch using a coffee filter and added the pumpkin seeds to that to see if it will last a bit longer. Just adding it to the growbeds like I have been, some of it is probably just becoming food for the reds.

4 Likes

@Donaldj can you look this one over? He has a support ticket up a little ways.

@bob31 My bad did I break a rule or something?

1 Like

@BrayneGro Not at all. He’s a water grower and I thought he should look over your grow. You’ve got something going on there, but I’m a soil guy!

1 Like

@bob31 oh ok Kool beans. Thanks man.

1 Like

My pleasure. I just wanted to get you some help before it gets worse. @BrayneGro

@bob31 Oh. As the text says, the issue which has been identified is getting better. I’m loosely experimenting on the non drz pheno. This thread is more for anyone who wants to learn aquaponics and follow along day to day. Thanks though. Much appreciated.

1 Like