Brand new to growing! Having some minor issues

Hello all. Super stoked to be here and amongst some great growing minds. I’m hoping for some help here. I promise, many grows from now, I’ll contribute on most things. I’m completely new so I don’t have much if any knowledge so I’ll continue liking :call_me_hand:t4:I’m going to post my about info at the bottom. Hopefully long story short, I have 3 different autoflower Blue Dream seeds growing now. I notice tiny mites about the size of the blunt end of a needle crawling around in my dirt. I haven’t seen any on the plants yet and this is a week old problem. I’ve mixed my Captain Jack’s at the 16 fluid Oz mixture and have lightly sprayed around the dirt area and lightly on the plants. I used the solution on 2 separate nights and still have my little crawler’s. 1. I don’t know how much to use 2. where do I use it in reference to the soil or plant 3. how often. 2nd issue is nutrients when using FFHF. Being proactive because I see some say at 6 weeks start nutes. I am currently at 26 days

• Strain: Blue Dream from Ilgm.com
  • Type (fem/auto/reg): Auto
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor): Indoor 4X4 tent
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): Soil/ Fox Farm Happy Frog
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir: ? Only PH levels I’ve checked is my water each time. I keep it 6-6.2
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS): I have nearly all nutrients I can see everyone using on here. Not currently using any.
  • Light type & schedule: Mars Hydro TSW2000/ 24hr light cycle
  • Temperatures day & night: heat and humidity on the InkBird T&H controller tent heated at 72°±2°
  • Humidity day & night: 60%
  • Ventilation: 6in inline duct fan w/ carbon filter
  • AC: N/A
  • Humidifier: on when humidity drops. Heat and humidity on the InkBird T&H controller
  • De-humidifier: on stand by if needed
  • Co2: not sure about this one
    Thank you so much everyone!

image0
image1
image2
image3 (1)

3 Likes

Welcome to your new happy place

1 Like

Jack’s dead bug. spray plant and under leaves. Plants look good though

1 Like

I had lost a plant to spider mites before I found Captain Jack’s. I spray my plant liberally. In the case of infestation, I spray the plant twice a day for a few days wait a few days and do it again. I soak the plant, the top soil and the bag.

Awesome! Do you not suggest the dirt for some reason?

Thank you, Sir! I’m relieved and surprised that much wouldn’t be harmful. I’m the type that thinks more is better! That’s also why I’m inquiring!

1 Like

Ordinarily, I’m a less is more grower. When it comes to bugs, it’s a nuke 'em all and let God sort them out. CJDB consist of naturally occurring critters and is good for soft bodied insects and as a fungicide.

6 Likes

Things in the dirt! Common ones - Fungus gnats & larvae, springtails, aphids. can ya get a pic.

3 Likes

Get some mosquito bits from your local hardware store. You can put the bits on top of the soil or you can soak some in water and water your plants with it. It kills fungus gnats larvae but is harmless to animals

4 Likes

I started adding nematodes to my soil builds last year. I don’t know if it helps, but it couldn’t hurt…

2 Likes

Nice looking plants the guys on here will help u ive never had a pest problem before so i cant give any advice on this

1 Like

I’ll give it the ole college try anyway. The mites are super tiny and spread out. I see them best on my irrigation tubing.

1 Like

Appreciate the feed back! I’m assuming that you believe the issue to be the fungus gnats. I’ll look in to that now.

1 Like

Don’t know if you have fungus gnats or not I use mosquito bits as a preventive measure. If you’re seeing tiny bugs jumping around they could be gnats. I would think that mites would be super tiny and harder to see. Get some sticky traps and put some in each pot and see what kind of bugs you catch

3 Likes