Brand New Looking for some advice!

You don’t need to ph in living soil that has enough microbial and fungal colonies to buffer whatever ph you dump in. I know my water is between 5-9 ph If the water you put in is in that range you are good to go. I have not checked ph once this entire run. More important to know what actually in the water than than what the ph. I have found it much easier to grow in a min of 15 gal pot in good well amended living soil. No need to ph or test runoff ppm. No bottles, maybe one top dress at the beginning on flower. Amazing results. too often the hydro and enert media style of growing crossover to soil style grows. Don’t waist money on ph up and down and ppm pens if you grow in soil. Trust me. The date you get from soil runoff and ph is useless and the data will never make any sense at all. Once I understood this my grows went to another level.

1 Like

And to avoid confusion it’s true cannabis like a dry period and it’s also true that it likes prob more drier days than soggy ones so I don’t disagree with this advice. Ideally if you could maintain about 35-40% moisture at all times in living soil that would be ideal. I’m considering getting these moisture meters that link to an app so you can see the moisture levels at all times. It’s just much easier and way more forgiving imo when you grow in larger volumes of soil and use the 5% and 10% rule. You don’t have to feed them as there is enough soil to feed them the entire run. I veg for 8-9 weeks in 20 gal. Currently on day 64 of flower. The risk with how I grow is if I was to over water in volume to the point of run off the bottoms of my pots could go anaerobic as most likely there is not a ton roots down there to take up the excess. Once you are in late veg and early flower in a small container it’s pretty much impossible to over water with volume. I also have used the same soil and I’m on my 3 rd run. I just pulled the stalks out and replant right back into the same soil. It’s build a soil 3.0. I do top dress to replace nutrients and the start and beginning of flower. It’s a bigger upfront cost but I’m told the soil will continue to get better with time.

3 Likes

Chemical Guys Cyclone Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert Car Wash Filter Removes Dirt and Debris While You Wash, Blue https://a.co/d/hX3mrqX

I had a couple if these laying around so I have one under Groot. works pretty good under a 7 gallon fabric

1 Like

1 Like

On the side note like I’m going through a storm right now is it bad if I loose power for light on the ladies? They are autos but what if I had photos could it trigger early flower

After a month of growing this is where my young ladies are at!

3 Likes

Should I prune these or being autos I don’t wanna do high stress training?

I wouldnt. Id wait until theyve finished their stretch when flowering starts and tucking or removing anything blocking bud sites.

1 Like

So I’m getting ready to set up a 12x12 grow in a building any recommendations on lights to go with?

1 Like

Not really no. Other than shop around and dont let the hype of the big industry names detour you from getting cheaper alternatives. Most the lights like spider farmer, vispectra, mars hydro etc…are just as good as hlg and many others.

2 Likes

Is it possible this one is starting to flower?

1 Like

On there way there yeah. Youll probably start seeing preflowers in the few days. Almost looks like you may have some now. Hard to see in the pics

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the colas I guess looked different from the other plant.

2 Likes

Yup definitely in preflower.

1 Like

Nice so in a week or so should I start pruning to open up more sunlight to other colas?

1 Like

In about 2 to 3 weeks yeah

2 Likes

I got a superspouter dome thing no heating mat is it ok to put the germinated seed in it and put it in the tent with the lights or is it better to just keep somewhere warm?
@Ebb

1 Like

You should be fine in the tent with it.

1 Like

Should I move my lights closer then 18” now that they are in preflower

1 Like