Brand new grower here

That’s not a bad tip, but that’d be for a mature plant, and rather than feeling the top part, I feel it’s better to go by the weight of the pot if possible. Sometimes if it’s in a scrog net or whatever, that’s not an option. In that case, I go at least a couple knuckles deep. The top could be dry, but the bottom of the medium could be soaked still. At this age, they don’t need as much. Too much, and they’ll damp off. The will react better to getting a little dry than constantly being too wet. I water my seedlings by just spraying the top of the soil a couple times a day, until they start to really take off. Once they’re growing faster, they’ll want more at a time. You’ll get a feel for it the more you grow. :+1:

1 Like

I’m in Tennessee also. Luckily, close to Asheville. Hydro shop there carries ProMix.

1 Like

@Axemanjake23
I am using fox farm soil.
It’s super good stuff, I read all ingredients

2 Likes

@Axemanjake23
I water once a week, a little under a 1/2 gallon.

1 Like

If that is from wet to dry perfect. But dont stick to a schedule, stick to wet to dry. The plant needs the whole cycle. You can even go as far as letting your plant wilt slightly before watering. Better to under water than over water any day.

4 Likes

Yes. I water when soil is dry…so I have it in 2gal. Pot. Next one will be 3gal pot as I think this will be perfect size for the critical mass CBD seeds I got from ilgm. I feel 2gal will be okay though. So perhaps I will go 2 i knuckles deep on feeling if the soil is wet or dry. And it makes sense by what you said @Axemanjake23 because the bigger it gets the faster it will dry out. So I will check it every day for watering and when the soil feels dry(2-3" deep) I’ll water a little bit. My last watering was 3 days ago and like some sad I think I did water too much, (it was around 1/2gal) I am uploading a picture here of tonight’s snap shot of my cannabis plant. She is really starting to take off.

I also noticed a tiny brown spot on only one leaf.
I did plenty of digging and thus is cal def.

But my soil has plenty of nutrients (fresh bag of fox farm)

SO, I am pretty dang sure it is my PH in my waterings. Because my last watering was 7.0ph and I learned it’s too high. So on my next watering(most likely in a day or two)I will lower it down to 6.3…sound right?

Can you see the little brown spot? Theres only 1 or 2 on one leaf.

Here’s tonight’s picture of plant below
20200124_222638|375x500

@Axemanjake23

I am in MI (winter) what’s the easiest/cheapest, yet efficient way to get some more humidity?

Would one of those diffusers work? I have one, but its small. Does that raise humidity?

1 Like

Yes a small defuser will work great.

1 Like

Those spots look like water spots. Water on the leaves can act as a magnifying glass and burn your leaves a little. It is highly unlikely growing in FFOF that it is a calmag deficiency already.

Also, critical mass cbd is a huge plant or can turn into one. I would think about potting up to 5 gallon smart or cloth pots.

2 Likes

@Axemanjake23
Ok, never thought of that about water spots. I did mist it the other day too.
And ok I will look into 5gal smart pot. On my next grow along with better grow light, I have a feeling this light will only get me an oz or two…I’ll just be happy if I can harvest something, as this being my very first grow.

1 Like

I grew one auto under a little blurple much like yours. I pulled a few zips off of it but it was not very dense. You can pull it off and just use this as a time to learn the process. Learn the plants, learn how to read them. And then your next grow when you have everything together you will be zeroed in. I bet just about everyone does that their first grow. I, of coarse, wish I would of not only wasted the money but the time, but what it did do was give me enough extra stuff that when I got a legit set up I was able to gift a 2x2 tent and two blurples to a good buddy who is limited on funds and needs to grow. Dont worry about what u pull off at the end. You have what you have now, just do the best you can with it. And have fun.

@Axemanjake23
Yes. Thanks. I love growing stuff. Having fun.

1 Like

Critical mass CBD auto fem.

@Drinkslinger
@darkillusion3526
@Bulldognuts
@elheffe702
@Tinman
@Seeddog
@Axemanjake23

Well, my plant is now on day 16 as of this picture. I watered it yesterday at ph of 6.5 this time instead of 7.0. And it likes that alot better. It’s really growing fast. I let the soil dry out a little more this time. If I let it sit one or 2 more days with no water the plant was going to wilt I’m sure. But this is the sweet spot for watering I am learning. So if you scroll up to my last post that was on day 11, you can see the fast growth. And from what I can tell it is pretty healthy right now…
It’s even starting to smell like a cannabis plant every time I open my tent. I love it. The plant is about 9" tall
Difficult to tell though from my camera angle.

7 Likes

@Drinkslinger
@darkillusion3526
@Bulldognuts
@elheffe702
@Tinman
@Seeddog
@Axemanjake23

Critical mass CBD auto fem.

Yo, what’s up guys. This is day 22 tonight as of this picture. I LST 2 days ago to attempt to get an even canopy…each place of the future bud looks to be about a 3" difference. So not bad imo for even canopy growth. Soo… I believe my auto is starting to flower…i see pistols. Is this true? If so this will be a really fast harvest. I think they said 8 weeks on ilgm. Bit I thought that was 8 weeks of flower, not 8 weeks from seed to harvest…can anyone clarify this more for me? The plant dont lie and does appear to be transferring into flower stage. Unless I am 100% noob and have no idea what I’m looking at? Lol. Let me know guys. I have tiger bloom nutrients ready to put into my next watering.

If someone could help me out on this stage of growing that would be great, I have never grown cannabis before. Any pointers would help. Thanks…

3 Likes

Definitely looks like it is in flower. That’s the thing about autos, no way to predict when they will start flowering. I’ve only grown autos once, so as far as advice I’m no expert. I’ll tag @Nicky he grows autos and can possibly give some good advice.

2 Likes

Yes that is flower. Get ready to get smelly and fat. This strain will be in my next grow. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

As always thanks for the tag @Bulldognuts

Yup definitely in flower, it means 8 weeks of flower. It will still stretch and grow a from first sign of pistils but you look like your a week into flower or maybe a bit more.
Fairly short but nice thick branches and you did a good job of evening the canopy looks like you will get 4 nice colas maybe 5 off it and some side buds.

Looks to me like you have done some trimming?

Are you in a 5 gallon bucket? Like @Axemanjake23 said 5 gallon smart pot at the minimum and you’ll need to feed bloom nutrients come flower in in fox farms
Also never transplant an auto, strong chance off stunting them, place the seed in a jiffy puck starter setup or straight into the pot you intend to grow in.
If you want to grow from start to finish without nutrients your going to need 10g pot at least.

I took a read from the start you got some good pointers but yeah don’t mist plants more issues than it helps.

Did you end up getting a PH pen? A digital pen is the easiest way to go about testing PH.

Also do you have a tds meter/pen? You’ll need one soon to know how much to feed your plant worth of bloom nutrients.

Set to watching so I can give you some pointers going forward

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts looks like you got a very nice plant there. I have never grown autos before so I can not help you with tips on them sorry, Best advice I can give you is don’t over think it. Just keep on doing what you are doing and you will be fine.

1 Like

It’s not mine. I was just trying to help. @Gigglebyte was trying to get some advice. :+1:

3 Likes

@Drinkslinger
@darkillusion3526
@Bulldognuts
@elheffe702
@Tinman
@Seeddog
@Axemanjake23
@Nicky

I did LST. And it’s still growing fairly evenly. But as if tonight when I took my daily pic. I seen the main cola is still lushing right back up above everyone else. Prolly to late to LST the main cola? You can see from this pic. Below that I took feb 9th 10pm.

I did buy ph meter. I use 6.4 ph.
It’s in 3 gal. Pot. (Upgrading to 5gal pot) I can tell this strain critical mass would be huge if i had better lighting. It’s a new strain from ilgm. I wonder if anyone else is growing here. It’s the CBD strain.
I only have 100w raw power led growlight. I’m actually surprised its even budding. After this grow I am upgrading to a light that will supply 3 or 4 plants.

My fox farm ocean forest mix drains super fast. I was watering once a week. And came back last week to check and realized it was way underwatered…it is just now starting to pick her leaves back up and look lively. I’ll have to monitor my soil moisture daily now.

I’ll have to check on tds meter. I put literally 4 drops in with my last watering. Which is like around 1/20th of dosage on bottle, just to sorta get it into flower mode.

Since I am about on week 4. I’m pretty sure this is a super fast cycle on this new strain. I bet in another 4 weeks the life of here will be close to ending. It 9s not uncommon and I like that it has a fast life cycle.

I dont expect much of a weighty harvest due to my 100w growlight. I been keeping the light at around 6" and attempting to keep canopy even without stressing to much. I’d love to raise the light higher but then it would be way to weak to even keep the flowers procuding…that much I’m sure about.

Ill post again next week. PEACE.

5 Likes