Brand new grower here

Critical mass auto flower CBD.
I am on day 8 as of picture taken (jan. 20 2020)

600w phlizon grow light.
70° temp indoor
grow tent 4’x4’
40° humidity
7.0 ph
20 hrs light 4 hrs darkness

Does it look okay for day 8?

100% new grower (noob)

Please stick with my posts as I will be updating often.

I am only growing one plant right now for learning purposes.

When I get a better grow light I will consider growing a few at a time.

9 Likes

Looks ok to me.
Congrats.

2 Likes

Looking good.

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum. Looks good. Set to watch.

3 Likes

Great start. Welcome to ILGM! :v:

3 Likes

Looking good, temp seems a little low

3 Likes

Welcome to I❤️GM!!! Set to watch good luck with your grow. A lot of good knowledge here for sure.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum . Try getting the PH a little bit lower to 6.5 . That is the sweet spot for soil growing .

4 Likes

Looking good. I am set to watch as this will be my next grow. Seedling like it like a jungle btw. If you can get to 75ish in ur tent with a RH% of 70% or higher she would love it. Ph in is a little high too. In soil I shoot for 6.5ish as that is where most nutes are available to the plant

4 Likes

Plant is still looking pretty good …
Despite the weak growlight
(100w power draw from wall)Phlizon 600w (from Amazon) 80$ cheapo,…
I will upload a picture tonight after lights off.

Questions:
How do I lower PH?
With household items on hand?

I did make it warmer in the room as well.

1 Like

Ok here it is.

Day 10.

Does it look okay for a day 10 plant???

2 Likes

Looks alright for the age, but you’re overwatering. The soil looks really wet in the pics, even if you just watered. At that size, you should only be watering them a tiny bit at at time, and out around the edges of the container so the roots will reach out for it. The way the leaves are drooping down is because they are weighted down from the ‘sogginess’ of the soil. What is the relative humidity in your grow space, day/night? Oh, I see 40% above. I expected higher. Probably okay, but I’d back off on the watering still.

5 Likes

You can order kit on Amazon. You definitely need to water with PHed water.

2 Likes

Something else, don’t ph water and let it sit for long period. Always test and make ph adjustments right before you water. PH will creep up when water sits for longer periods of time.

3 Likes

My question is does promix fall under soil or hydro? Technically it is a soiless medium and requires nutrients be added to grow, is that not hydro?

1 Like

@Bulldognuts
Good to know, I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like

@elheffe702
I’ve watered 2 times since seedling popped up…
I will water a smaller amount on next watering

I took a tip from a forum that said to water when I out my finger one inch down into soil and if its dry then water. That’s the only watering tip I know

1 Like

Anything that has to have water every day such as coco is considered a hydroponic medium. I have never used any promix as it is not available in Tennessee. @Cannabian I do hear good things about it. My choice is mothers earth coco and perlitle mix. If you dont have ph up and down. Lemon juice can be used for ph up and baking soda mixed with water can be used as ph down.

@Gigglebyte what medium are you in? Even if it is coco when they are young I water every two to three days in a circle a few inches away from the plant. Make those roots grow and look for water. Your lady looks good. Let her dry out a few days.
And ur light will be okay for seedling and veg. I would up grade before flower or add another light.

2 Likes

Promix is a peat based mix, sorta the same thing as coco but not made of coconut husk, its made of dried peat bog.
There is no minerals in it as far as I can tell. While a seedling can live a while without food in it, it will require food as veg begins.
As far as I can tell the primary difference between the 2 is that coco requires constant watering and, so Ive been told here, promix should dry out.

I use ProMix hp. It seems the sweet spot for pH is around 6.2 water going in. I raise this to about 6.5 during flower to help with bloom nutrient uptake

1 Like