Branch fell off and possible rot starting on main stem.... stupid tree Squirrels!

Hey now —
A branch fell off either from a tree squirrel or a heavy bird damage a branch coming off of my main stem. As it was broken from the main stem I tried for one day to repair it but it was not looking like it was going to make it and I decided to clip the branch rather than risking my healthy plants entire harvest sense it just started flowering a week ago.
After I cut the stem off with a razor blade it was not a clean cut because of the duct tape and there was some browning around that stem (actually it’s a node now) but I am wondering if I should just leave it and let it be — it seems pretty strong but yet it’s going to be holding up five tops at least.
So, Should I tape it up or anything or just let it heal naturally with the sun and air which I personally think would be the best option but I am seeing the darkness around the wound but that always happens from what I’ve seen so far. Any info would be very helpful as things are just starting to get good!

1 Like

Put some honey on it and let it do its thing, it will be pretty strong there after it heals completely.

1 Like

Coyote -
Our neighborhood has been doing an 8 O’Clock (PM) howl, I can relate.
I will trust your advice but I did spot one ant a couple days ago. Are you sure the honey won’t attract more insects? This is my prized GG doing the best out of all five of my plants!
It can get windy around here in Fall.

1 Like

I would just put enough on it to barely coat that spot, it just acts as an antibacterial. Keep an eye on it to make sure that no ants get on it, but if you use a small enough amount I dont think that should be a problem. I have broken a few branches off and most of the time it gets really hard in that spot.

1 Like

Ok my man,
I will apply a little bit of costco honey with a clean dab tool Tmrw… Thanks for the input! :ok_hand:

1 Like