Branch turns brown about halfway up about inch long. Looks like it keeps rest of branch from getting nutrients .
Going to need a better photo of the branch, its to blurry to make out.
Yes much better. Couple of question right off the bat, is that the only spot on the plant that has it? is it an indoor or out door plant? How much growth is above that spot? Is that mold growing on it?
Zooming in looks like some kind of fungus. I would spray with peroxide and coat with aloe.
Thats what it looks like to me I just want to rule out some kind of insect damage.
It’s a plant started outside in April and has about a foot of growth above spot. It does look a little like some mold on it. It is the only spot on plant. Thank you for your time