Boy or girl that’s the Q

Growing unknown seeds - flipped 2.5 weeks ago. Time to chop these two right ?

2 Likes

Both Male

4 Likes

Definitely male. Sorry to break it to you.

3 Likes

agreed with posted above. sorry growmie

1 Like

Thought as much can you check these two other plants less mature but I think male

2 Likes

i dont see any balls

2 Likes

First picture looks male second needs more time

2 Likes

Better pics of the last two

2 Likes

Top one male bottom looks female

2 Likes

Thanks folk - I’ll keep a watchful eye on the last two.

From 5 to 2 in a matter of seconds

1 Like

I second that. The last one looks female. You will know for sure in a week.

1:1 ratio is a good lifetime average for me boys and girls. Alway do double count what you hope for in regs.

3 Likes

Every female bag seed I’ve grown was deformed and mutated with slow growth and the males get tall right out of the gate. Buy fem seeds from any seed bank of your choice and the weed will most likely be better than bag seed

3 Likes

It’s fine - I was growing these out as a favor for a friend. Knew I’d have to cull some still comes as a shock

2 Likes

@Bluntsmoke, I hear what you are saying my friend. Not really debating your point of view because many have it. Especially if one is limited on space options or still in prohibition land. I got no problems with pedigree seed banks. I love them myself. :seedling:

But, one of my FAVORITE joys in growing is trying out random bag seed. Especially if someone finds an old film canister from the 80s or 90s. Every year I pheno hunt at least 100seeds; sometimes 200. In my garage on a 48”x24” garage shelf. 13watt cloner led x2. It takes little effort and cost. I am brutal with selection. Those that don’t make the cut as Bansai seedlings in flower never get up potted and revegged.

I have found the winners never herm anymore than pedigree seeds have. If it’s nanners; I have never found a strain I cannot get nanners on in growing trees since 1988. Grow them 2-3 weeks past amber and they ALL Rodelize. Fem seeds the old fashioned way.

If it’s grow season I just throw them loose outside in a plant tray no pots. Like casting bird seed. I have found some fun ones over the years.

All I am saying is some others may find joy or interest in random bag seed too. It’s nothing to be ashamed of to try. Besides without bagseed there would be no Chemdog, gorilla glue, or Cinderella. Just saying give seeds a chance. Ha
Happy growing

4 Likes

Top male bottom female. Sucks when boys are dominant!

1 Like