Bowl Vs Joint Tell me what you think

@HJL Salt or some other media that is less abrasive. Usually use kosher salt, but have used crushed walnut shells (media blasting stuff) too. Always In rubbing alcohol soak for a few then I add the media to scrub.
the salt will scratch the glass pieces, the walnut not so much.
For a speed clean on small glassware I will do put the pipe in water and microwave for 3-5 minutes. Cold water does little for the sticky in the pipe, but boiling water a lot better. Still usually I will clean in alcohol + salt (or something else I have on hand that will work well).
Every once in awhile all my glass goes into the dishwasher, after a cleaning in alcohol. Iā€™ve found the dishwasher (or the boiling piece works too) kill the sooty taste my glass develops. I just toss the glass in with the next load of dishes.

Warning, do NOT try the below at home if you canā€™t follow safety procedures, warming alcohol can be explosive.

Now for my bong with the little holes in the slide and all. When too dirty I use only warmed (35-40 C) rubbing alcohol to get it cleaned. I got some salt in to the perc once and it took a good long time to get it washed out.

1 Like

Something gross comes to mind with the bong hits. I will have a little bit drip of drool at the end of a hit at times. Kinda 10 times the gross (IMHO) of the little spit on the outside of the joint.

2 Likes

Oh no, donā€™t ruin bongs for me too! Lol

All my glass goes in the dishwasher almost after every use. Yeah, I know, but Iā€™m a little anal.

2 Likes

Ha Ha! Youā€™re analā€¦

2 Likes

My bad. A case of juvenile just hit meā€¦

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s okay. It was meant to be juvenile. :grin:

2 Likes

I just use the alcohol and salt every couple of months to get the insides clean. I do wipe my glass bowl out after each use with a damp q-tip, that way I can go longer in between major cleanings, and always have at least a clean fresh bowl each sesh (nothing worse than a gunky bowl)ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using an orange oil product that my local smoke shop sells, specifically for glass pipes. You squirt a tablespoon into the pipe and swirl it around for 1 minute, rinse and youā€™re done! Plus you have a faint natural citrus scent left over. I clean about every three days.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind of what my Orange Chronic is that I get from the head shop. @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Thatā€™s the stuff. Works well.

It works great but I find it pricey at $11.99 CDN for 16oz. @Myfriendis410

Yes, but what price would you put on a clean bong, eh? Haha! It does last a while, so the cost isnā€™t too bad. But I do like the way it freshens it up and the smell of bong water goes away.

1 Like

Must be some good ish!

@HJL I used 91% Rubbing Alcohol and Kosher Salt for scrubbing power it will get all the tar and oils off your glass then you just rinse them out really well with hot water then let it cool by itself. You donā€™t want to change from Hot water to cold right away it will shatter some glass pieces. This is the Video from Haley 420 that explains the whole method works great.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always been a one hit gal. Iā€™ve been smoking for 40 years and never lost that light weight status (fine by me, my stash lasts longer than most others :crazy_face:). Lately Iā€™ve been smoking js and I do NOT like the resin. After reading some of this yesterday I stopped by my local head shop and bought a small glass bong. I might never go backā€‹:hugs: I love it! So thanks to @Rayofsunshine for starting this threadāœŒšŸ¼

3 Likes

@Sasquatch have you tried metho an salt? works great :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I havenā€™t. Ive seen a few other similar solutions with salt. They say this 420stuff is a true 1 min cleaner. Id be happy with 2 min. Simple green is the easiestā€¦lol just soak it over night and rinse in the morning sparkling cleanā€¦

@Sasquatch love your name by the way,go the yowie,yeah have heard of a few things that ppl try but this works best,half a cup of metho 4 pinches of salt an shake away mate,crystal in 2 mins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve used that cleaner, and itā€™s great, but in my opinion not enough better than alcohol and kosher salt to justify the cost.

2 Likes

Though id give it a tryā€¦ if it works as advertised Iā€™m good. It really depends on the effort it takes. Iā€™m lazy LOL

2 Likes