Boveda packs. What's the deal?

I have Bovedas in my cigar humidors that I’ve been using for 3 or 4 years…

2 Likes

Ya i use them in my curing jars and they last 3-4 months sometimes much longer. If only lasting a month bud is not dry enough…

3 Likes

I think some people don’t realize they’re a “two way media”. Meaning you can set a saturated out to dry or recharge a dry one…

5 Likes

I’m talking about my weed never last a few months.

3 Likes

Drum roll please.
After last cutting, I had 7 jars. One got a Boveda, 6 got burped for 2 weeks.

I wasn’t able to tell any difference.

2 Likes

They should still be burped when using a Boveda. Bovedas only control RH, they don’t do anything about the offgassing

5 Likes

“Offgassing” ?
That’s why I put this stuff up. Cause I don’t know. Please explain

1 Like

@Grandaddy013. As the weed cures and chlorophyll breaks down it off gasses and that needs to be burped or let out to air.
Otherwise a sour or off taste will develop on the buds.
:v:

5 Likes

Has this ever happened to you?

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013. Yes. Once on my last harvest when I used the bovedas for the first time.
I didn’t burp enough and when I went back to the jar a month later it tasted off.
But by leaving the jar open for a few hours it was greatly diminished.
:v:

4 Likes

I saw a grower’s (legit in Colorado) YouTube, and he was filling a trash bag, throwing in 3 large Bovedas, and that was it. Ling term storage to me is 6weeks. My grow is remote location. PITA to burp daily, much less multiple times per day. I was hoping to avoid burping. Hell, I went a couple of years and didn’t know about burping.

2 Likes

Yes it has. I’ve chucked whole quart jars because of this.

4 Likes

:weary: OOF! That sucks!

4 Likes

my experience is if they snap its already too dried

2 Likes

I was talking about the weed doesn’t last a few months

2 Likes

Besides curing does anybody have any idea as to how well boveda packs work and if they make Bud worse or better…? I use them and I just start using them within the last year or so but I always felt like in the past that they either dry my buds out too fast it seemed like or they seemed to pull the smell from my nuggs, but yet the boveda pack would smell super strong like the strain it’s in with. so I don’t know I’m on the fence with this. I want to make sure I’m doing the right thing and I don’t want to fucking degrade my buds faster than they already will be through natural process… Can’t trust anything these days but I just want to hear some feedback from y’all if any of you guys have any positive or negative feedback about using boveda and or skepticisms or anything like that, I wanna hear it! but from PERSONAL experience guys! Thank you!

2 Likes