Boveda packs operation

I tossed in some Boveda 2 way packs into my jars, do I still need to burp the jars several times a day?

1 Like

How dry were the buds when you added the packs?
Do you have a humidity meter in the jars ?

2 Likes

If you’ve already ran a proper cure on buds they shouldn’t need to be burped with packs. If you haven’t cured to +/- 55% rh, I would remove the packs until you get there.

5 Likes

No meters, and the buds were just slightly squishy.

1 Like

I took my tent meter and dropped it into one jar to see what the RH was in the jar.
The packs are just meant to hold the product at a specific %, but they need to be close before you use them. There is a lot of inexpensive meters on amazon. Its worth it to know what you have rather than guessing.
https://www.amazon.com/TAIWEI-Electronic-Temperature-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B07MCGDN5C/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=rh+meter&qid=1575640096&sr=8-7

1 Like

I’ll see if my meter will fit, if not I’m done spending money :slight_smile: Will just take out the packs for awhile. I harvested when small branches snapped and the popcorn buds were dry, large buds were crunchy on the out side but you could tell they were still soft on the inside. And full of resin lol sticky.

1 Like

I would continue to burp for a bit.
If it wont fit in the jar find a container it will fit into and place the weed in there for a couple hours with the meter. Make sure its sealed up well.
If its in the ball park of the boveda packs then you are good for longer term storage.
I still burp weekly…perhaps because I like the smell tho…Lol

2 Likes

IMHO don’t use humidity packs until your bud is FULLY cured.

4 Likes