Boveda 62 and storage- how long?

Hi there,
I harvested about 2 months ago and stored them in a few mason jars with 1 Boveda 62 in each. They look and smell fine but at one point does the Boveda need to come out?
They are moist and I’m concerned they will mold.
Are you supposed to keep the envelope in there indefinitely and keep them moist like that?
Thanks!

They can last for a year if you don’t open the jars but 2 months is life expectancy if you are burping regularly

I guess my question is, at what point do you take the Boveda out? Will they rot at 62% humidity?

They just stop working, I’ve never had one rot. Are you saying that the RH in the jar is 62%? If so that’s what they are supposed to do keep the RH at 62

1 Like

no, actually what I am saying I was a moron in the past and never used Boveda 62… most buds dried out like they were from the Sahara…
This is the first time I actually used them and the buds are super moist…
wasn;t sure if that was supposed to be the case!

1 Like

Mine last for well over a year. These can be re hydrated to re use as well.

1 Like

I use mini hydrometer I drop in about 1 in 10 jars to monitor the RH link below of example. The moisture pack is supposed to regulate the RH but If you think that the buds are too wet either leave the jars open for a day or if you think they’re really wet dump them out on a napkin turning em about every 12 hours until you think they are ok.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCGDN5C/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_NKeDFbFPBAD4F

3 Likes

I just read your original post and since you harvested months ago I’m sure that they are fine if you don’t have mold yet then I’m pretty sure you won’t get it. The packs won’t just stop working and wet your buds. You are probably used to having dryer bud and with the packs it’s actually at the proper RH level. I sure hope I helped you and didn’t make it worse… lol …

1 Like

Just got a box of these exact ones delivered. :grin:. And my 62% boveda packs are ready to go.

2 Likes

Yep better safe than sorry, the problem is we get used to that dry ass shit they sell at the corner store so it doesn’t seem right when it’s at the proper moisture level

2 Likes

I don’t use Boveda in my jars. I do have hygrometers in all of them, it gives me peace of mind.

1 Like

Well the only corner store here in France are the Moroccan guys that sell “shit” (the slang tern for hashish) which can get you jail time. France has if not the, then one of the highest rates of consumption in Europe while at the same time having the harshest punishment regimes… go figure.

I’d rather have a tiny amount that is just for me that I can cultivate and control. I can honestly say I have never purchased. Would rather have my tiny Aerogarden bud than hashish that has been transported ahem, internally…

Anywho…

I guess my confusion is that I thought the Boveda pads were for curing, not storage. What I think I’m understanding is that they are more to preserve over a longer period of time.

2 Likes

thanks everyone- I have found the people here to be super helpful- the best. Merci!

1 Like

When the Boveda packs start to become worthless the edges of the pack will start to harden. That is time to change it. I keep the packs in 24/7 and only replace them as neesed.

1 Like

Integra boost packs are a better brand in my opinion.
The boost 62 is 62rh and did you put a big enough pack in with them? If you put a 8 gram pack in with an oz then your nugs could be moist.

They help cure. Keeping whatever you use to cure in at that humidity so it cures properly and you dont get mold. Of course you can monitor with a hygrometer yourself (which you should be watching anyways) and burp more to let out moisture. But they just make it a little simpler. And help you store as well.

1 Like

thanks guys!
what I wanted to understand was whether it was ok to keep them moist and if it would cause mold
*on knees, hands raised and bowing thanking gurus" :smile:

I have had strains sitting on a shelf for over 1 year and had bo problems. :+1:

1 Like

I haven’t tried it so I have no clue if it works but I was on YouTube and saw a few videos of people recharging their moisture packs by wetting a paper towel with distilled water wrapping the moisture pack and putting it into a zip lock

I’m sceptical about this but I’m not that smart. I don’t know what is in the packs that controls the RH. I mean if the RH is low it will raise it and if it’s high it will lower it. So adding distilled water will it still work both ways??