Boveda 2 way humiduty packs (yay) or (nay)

I am about 10-15 days out on my harvest i am using the CUREVAULT commercial 8L curing vault it comes with two boveda 2-way 62.7% humiduty control packs. Should i use them or the 52 or not at all

@Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Dragon269

2 Likes

You can use them for curing, but you donā€™t need them for drying @dowencarson

I use the 62% 2 way packs! Swear by them! I would never cure without them!

8 Likes

Thanks @bob31

1 Like

A very big yay from me. I like them so much they control my humidor as well as my product . I also have a cannabis vault-CV and highly recommended.

3 Likes

I also cure with the 62% packs. Just past my first harvest and coming into the second, Iā€™ll order more if I have to. Theyā€™re pretty affordable. @dowencarson

6 Likes

Bovedas 62%

Just in case anyone needs a link!

6 Likes

Just bought 2 packs.

I already have 7 jars from last grow that need these and the second grow is coming up fast.

Reminder tp self - Buy more jars :sunglasses::rofl:

5 Likes

Yea from me alsoā€¦ I use the 62% packsā€¦ I use them for storageā€¦ They work great.
I never tried them for dryingā€¦ I just hang my girls and after I cure them 4-8 weeks I put the packs into the jarā€¦ hope this helps

Live-Grow-Learn :sunglasses:

1 Like

They arenā€™t for drying, they are for curing and storing (which they rock at!!). One 8gr packet per quart jar seems to be the best ratio if you are curious.

5 Likes

I got that Amazon deal for quart jars. Works great. But you really need to dry it out BEFORE you put in the packs or they would get overwhelmed with moisture. Just dry well and then jar. Then burp your jars for a couple of weeks. Thatā€™s when you add the Bovedas.

1 Like

With everyone on these just absolutely awesome I am using them for curing now and even use them for storing my stash keeps it fresh

1 Like

Do you know how long these packs last? Do i need a new one every couple month, 6 months?

4 Likes

Check this out @Laurap
Hope it helpsšŸ™‚

2 Likes

Thanks my friend

1 Like

There is also a you tube video that shows how to regenerate them if needed though Iā€™m not sure of the link, looking now

There are at least 5-10 more videos on how to do this. Not hard to do at all!

1 Like

@Covertgrower Sorry, Iā€™m replying to a 2 year old message. You were curing with Boveda 62% packs at the time. Iā€™m thinking about picking some up for my upcoming cure and am reading mixed reviews here in the search results.

Still using them? Yay or nay on the product with so much experience with them behind you? Thanks.

I am still using them. @MidwestGuy They really are a quality product.
I recommend 62% packs for vaping flower and 52% for smoking flower. (I donā€™t have any of those) I have a family member that smokes exclusively, and prefers it to be drier. He leaves it out to dry, I wince when I see it, but itā€™s whatever.
All in all, quality product, regulates moisture just as itā€™s meant to. Theyā€™re reusable after drying out, you just have to leave it in a jar with water for a couple of weeks until it sucks up all it can.
Still highly recommended. You can post any questions on my journal, no worries next time.

3 Likes

Can you ā€œrehumidifyā€ buds in jars. Mine got too dry about 47 to 50% rh. Iā€™m in fla and rh today is 87% would it benefit of I spread a jar out on paper in this humidity would the buds pick it up without a concern for mold or mildew, they have been In jars since 3/27.

I donā€™t see why not. Even 45%, I bet thereā€™s still some moisture in buds you can ā€˜useā€™ to cure. You have hygrometers in your jars? As long as youā€™re watching them when you jar them back up to make sure they didnā€™t spend too long in the saunaā€¦F me, man, 87%?!? Gotta be in the 80s at least during the day, too. I donā€™t know how yā€™all do it. I thought Missouri was bad right on the river lol!

PFFT 29 days later thatā€™s freakin hilariousā€¦well, howā€™d they turn out? :smiley:

1 Like

Still too dry, but have been able with laying it out on paper at almost 90% rh in the garage and adding 62% humidity packs getting it up to 55/58%rh.

1 Like