Bottom leaves turning yellow any thoughts

The leaves on bottom of plants are turning yellow and it appears to be creeping up.

Strain; Type, Bag seed

Age from Sprout:Sprouted 1/9/18 ish

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:Dr earth POTting soil 5 gal grow bags

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? twice weekly knuckle test or by weight

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: water ph 6.4 did slurry test on soil 6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: ok 360 if i did it right nectar of the gods- greek feeding schedule.

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 2 600watt viperspectura 16-18"

Temps; Day, Night: day 75ish night 67

Humidity; Day, Night:40%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: circulation fan and small exhaust fan but i have neg pressure in tent

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: no

Co2; Yes, No: no

3 Likes

2 Likes

Looks like nitrogen deficiency to my fairly inexperienced eyes. I’m not positive, but your tds seem low. Maybe she’s using up the bottom to feed the buds up top? Hope that helps!

2 Likes

@Rexx they look really great mate I would probably agree it looks like a Nitrogen your readings are perfect so I would recommend maybe a grow nute or stand alone Nitrogen definitely if you are growing organically hope this helps mate.

1 Like

im looking through mu nutes and found medusa’s magic 2-5-2

Sometimes the oldest leaves ar dieing… Check every one and see if you spot others that have the same problem.

2 Likes

Yes it progressed into top leave but i think i found my problem lacking nitrogen i wasn’t following my nutes mixing guide it uses calcium to up take nutrients according to them its more efficient so the N P K levels are lower and i was using them half strength so they were not getting fed so i gave them full strength and we will see what happens . Only problem is I forgot to ph first gallon and put on plant when i tested 2nd gallon ph was 5.6 i ph balanced that one.

When them are in veg stage is good to use half of the amount but in flower stage is good to use full doses.
meatballs

2 Likes

That was my problem the manufacturer explained to use full strength because of the way calcium based nutrients have much smaller % of nutrients but are delivered more efficiently .The moral to this story is read the manufacturers instructions .

2 Likes

Always! :v:

1 Like

There are a few companies that are selling nutrient lines and are wanting to run HIGH values. Remember that they are in the business of SELLING nutes so they want you to use those values to sell more nutes!

This is where it pays to pay attention to what is really going on and use common sense to develop your own schedule. Of course, experience is needed to make sure it’s done right.

IMO all who grow in soil should trust that soil for the first month at least.

How old is the yellowing plant, what percentage is yellow, are you in flower and if so how long?

5 Likes