Bottom leaves curling under

Hello everyone. I am a new grower in the fourth week of my grow. I am growing two chocolope and two big bud. I am growing in coco coir and pearlite. I am using 1000 watt LED in the VEG mode. I am using Fox Farm nutrie
nts and Cal Mag PH’d to 6.0 to 6.1. My plants look great. There are some rust looking spots on the lower leaves that popped up a couple of weeks ago. They haven’t seemed to bother the plant. Yesterday my bottom leaves started curling under. I took my plants outside and put them in the sun for a bit, It was a 97 degree day and I had to water them a couple of times. Just wondering if I should be worried about the curling leaves or just give it a couple of days?

1 Like

Hello there @Bwood and welcome to ILGM. Now firstly pics are always worth a thousand words. Also being your first post… you may be ‘silenced’ for a few hours. Sorry its there for spammers. But you maybe able to edit your first post if so. The pen underneath it.

Now did the brown spots stop spreading? If so you fixed the issue. Affected leaves dont really fix themselves. U just see the stop of the deficiency spreading to new leaves. And but curling, you mean the old, first to show leaves? Or new spots curling? This is where pics help.

O and the sun will definitely just accelerate the process. Strongest light i know! (97 degree days also hurt)

1 Like

The rust spots are only on the large lower fan leaves. The curling leaves are just above the first to show leaves. I will send you a pic this afternoon

1 Like

Is the spread continuing? Also according to @Myfriendis410 (who is a bad A coco grower) coco can be a calmag hog. Think ill defer to him in this situation. How’d u dose the calmag?

3 Likes

10ml per gallon with my once or twice a day feeding/watering. I am dosing an extra 2ml of the recommended cal mag suggested dose.

1 Like

What bout this part👆🏾

1 Like

No not spreading…

1 Like

Then ya more then likely fixed it. Ugly leaves stay ugly

2 Likes

Hot days increase nutrient uptake. Likely your girls just took in a bit more than normal due to the heat. I don’t see anything that requires your attention yet but keep an eye on it. Cal mag when watering separate from feeding is what I do.

1 Like

Does it hurt to cal mag when feeding?

Nah but u dont want salt buildup too badly. I do like above and calmag on water days

1 Like

Hey P-n-G I have another question. I sometimes use my water out of my dehumidifier to water my plants. It only has 35 PPM. You think that is ok?

1 Like

A lot of us do it: free water haha!

1 Like

I use dehumidifier water. So far no problems.

The leaves look like they’ve had some contact with the soil. Nothing I’d worry too much about, but always keep an eye out for changes.

I also think they’re getting big for those pots.

1 Like

You’re in great hands here, just wanted to drop by and welcome you to the forum!

Can you tell me why my leaves are doing this it’s the only plant that’s doing it

Was that a clone? @Rischard

Yes all 3 are clones but this is the oldest one and it just started doing this about 3 days ago

Started like this

@Rischard ok cool. How long have you had them. What is light schedule. When taken from a flowering plant they will need to revert to veg. If direct to 12/12 will continue flower and be stunted. As it reverts it will be UGLY. I take a few from flowering at times. That girl is small. Way too thick for air in my opinion. If seeking a little plant you are there. If want a bigger girl get her back into veg and grow her out a bit. Just me. The cutting does not look like flowering but could have started. @Hellraiser probably could assist better. Here is a clone from flowering plant. She just started giving me good leaves.

2 Likes