Boron, calcium def?

Can anyone tell me if this is calcium or boron def?

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner
Not likely to be Boron but if you fill this out it may help us help you!
I see you haven’t been around much, so if you tag someone like this @Keetz it will get their attention!

1 Like

Sure, give me a second and I’ll copy from the last question I had…

Thanks, been posting for about 7 months, just only when something goes wrong - not skilled enough to offer advice yet.

Cali Dream, Blue Dream, Skywalker OG
Ilgm
Happy frog soil
Fabric smart pots
pH 6.2
Germinated Sept 3rd
HLG rspec lights x2
8 foot tall grow area
12 inch inline fan
4 fans blowing air around inside tent plus one on the floor and an induct fan to pull in more cool air.
18-6 light schedule
73-77 degrees all day & night
40-50% humidity with no humidifier
Co2

Realize boron def is “rare” but it looks like a lot of the pictures I found online. Didn’t see anything on the leaf chart that people pass around with those spots that the turned into holes on the leaf. No sign of pest that I can see, and is really only on the Skywalker and Cali dream. Guess I didn’t realize growing conditions could make an issue look different on another plant - i.e. thought calcium def looked the same across the board.

I think I’ve @'d a couple people one too many times lol, I think hellraiser has helped me about 20 times! Same with keystone cop, skydiver, neo, @Hellraiser @KeystoneCops @Skydiver @NeoGroR

Are these from ILGM?

Are they all in soil from the same bag?

Are you sterilizing stuff between grows?

@KeystoneCops yep to all 3, should have capitalized ILGM above. Same ones we were talking about the seedlings about a month ago- except the gold leaf never grew another shot after only growing the one shoot from the 3rd node - threw it away. These are replacement seeds from ILGM. I think you suggested I try a different cultivar.

Same bag of soil.

Necrotic spots like similar

As does the lower trunk and the curling of the ends of the leaves.

I use tap water but allow it to sit for 24 hours to up to 10 days. Maybe that’s too long to let it sit? Always pH it to 6.5. Minor lime dressing to get pH up to 6.1-6.3 depending on plant.

Following foxfire feeding schedule and Thursday was the first day of week 3. The last 2 waterings I only used water and boomerang & cal/mag instead of the full barage of fert - grow big, big bloom, flower kiss kangaroos etc. Always use mykos and azos when transplanting, and mykos wettable powder every other feeding.

Are you top dressing lime on a regular basis? What frequency? What specific lime product are you adding (there are different forms)?

I’ve done it once, after the issue appeared, brand- hi-yield agricultural limestone, less than directions list, 10 grams each 5 gallon pot.

I’m going to do a little research. As before, my advice is to do less in your garden. Obviously there’s something wrong right now, but there were many (mis?)steps that led us to this point.

Is it possible you’re over watering? Are you feeding each time?

I give them a third of a gallon each, 2 feedings ago I did a full gallon to try and give them a bit of a flush. Only feed once soil is totally dry, 4-5 days between feedings. 5 gallon fabric pots.

I’m trying to leave them alone as much as possible, don’t touch them unless I’m trying to get a Pic, I topped them a couple weeks ago, and pruned a slight amount since, I think I need to prune a bit more but am trying to let them fully settle.

Had the same thing on 1 plant in my last grow but just ignored it. Didnt have the issue with the ones in OF soil instead of happy frog last grow, and it was a different strain - the other one from the last grow was a bag seed. Only things I’ve done are the transplant (with makes, azos), topping, and minor trimming, and feeding following foxfire guide - less of the big bloom than suggested. Only a couple weeks away from their suggested SH flush, which might resolve a nute lockout problem.

Appreciate any advice, as always!!! And always grateful for how quickly you guys reply! Thanks!!

1 Like

Following the foxfarm feeding schedule just hit week 3 on the feeding schedule 2 days ago (on thursday), but as mentioned I did more of a flush 2 feedings ago with just boomerang and the last feeding was a third of a gallon each with boomerang and cal/mag. typo on foxfire…

Also think I have a bit of wind burn, nute burn, and the light was too intense and too close for a short period of time. Totally accept I likely over fed, again. Even doing less than in the feeding schedule, I have been feeding according to sched since seedling stage.

Personally, I’m against combining soil and ionic salts. Granted, the Fox Farm products you’re using might be organic matter that’s not immediately plant available, but my hunch is that they’re ionic salts.

Using an OMRI blend of soil and amendments, I could go seed to harvest with water, mycos, and soap exclusively. I know that doesn’t help your current situation, but part of the problem with diagnosing this issue is that your inputs are dealing with soil adsorption, your soil microbiology is dealing with hostile salinity, and the whole rhizosphere is getting flooded by plain water at intermittent frequency.

I’m out of my depth, but I’ll ask a few friends who know more about deficiency than me. But my advice is to switch to either a hydroponic regime in a nominally inert medium, or go for a water-only soil and give it spring water with soap and the occasional mycos or recharge.

1 Like

Having just gotten them out to trim off new lower growth - over watered for sure. Got a couple better close ups on the Skywalker og. The Cali dream is looking better, leaves perked up and only has a few brown spots - thing looks like a cabbage (no Cali pics pics included).

I believe that’s all it is.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 thanks! The black black decker fans I have hanging are a bit much close up, I raised them to aim at just the tops and keep air flow above the ladies but below the light, think I’ll raise them another 3 or 4 inches. Skywalker was taking the brunt of the air flow at a younger age and is the one showing the most damage, probably should have used my smaller hurricane fans to start. Have them pointed at drivers on the hlg’s, as well as a rotating floor fan. Had a temp problem I the last grow so I added an induction fan on top of the rest… it’s breezy in there for sure.