Bonjoyle's Continuing grow journal

I started with jacks 321. Part A and B and bought the epson separately. After a year I purchased and have been using bloom and finish in early and the latter stages of flower. Hope that helps :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I believe they have a formula specifically for RO. (I could be wrong)

2 Likes

321 will work with RO as far as I know, my tap is almost distilled or RO quality :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Just called em and left a message. I was thinking getting Part A - 5.12.26, Part B - 15.0.0 and a bag of the Epsom salts. It seems that is the typical but not sure. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

That’s the typical and most used line. Game changer for me over the last 2 years :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hey @Bonjoyle, how goes it?? I bought, on eebay, the Jacks 321 - 6lb kit. It has Part A (5-12-26), Calcium Nitrate (Part B) and Epsom Salt.

I have a closet full of plants in coco, and an auto outside in soil. Here’s how I mix…

I mix at a ratio of 4g Part A and 2g Part B, per gallon, 5 gallons at a time.I don’t use Epsom. Still getting great results. The A&B has it all. This may not be for everyone.

Soil…

5 gallon bucket filled with tap, sit for a day to dechlorinate. Then I simply add 20g of Part A, mix well, then 10g, Part B, mix again. My tap comes out at 7.7, roughly 250ppm. After mixing, I hit 6.4-.5, right around 950ppm. PH holds for the 3 days the bucket lasts.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Goin Good @Borderryan22. That info is great. They already replied and said yes, 321 works well with RO. My tap is as high as 8.6 at times. City of Denver has supplied all of us with a Brita charcoal filtering pitcher and they send out new filters every 90 days or so while they are working through replacing all the lead pipes.

I decided to find an RO station once I got my water test back and have been using that ever since. 5 gallons for $1.25. Cant beat it.

2 Likes

I use a water fill-up station for mixing my jacks for coco. The water is like mega super filtered, UV hyper Lazer treated, whatever lol. It has 0ppm, anyways. But when I mix Jacks in it, I put 20ml of Silica first. PH hits 5.81 like clockwork. Same Jacks ratio as soil. Only thing I’ve found with Jacks, is that Part B needs to be bumped up just a tad the last couple/few weeks of flower.

But mixing Jacks at the standard recommended ratios works great also. It’s really easy to adjust any of the parts and the pH stays pretty in line.

I want to get it to the house quickly and use it throughout this grow on the baby Acapulco Gold.

3 Likes

@graysin can you help with a Jack’s question?

1 Like

Thanks Jane. I got ahold of them and was given some good info from both the fellow who emailed me back and also received a vm from another person saying the same thing. 321 with Parts A & B and the epsom will work great for RO water and soil as the medium. Oh yeah, that BB Muffin is ready if you think Tarzan would like a sample nug.

Thank you to any and all that chimed in for a growmie!!

1 Like

Thanks for the tag, sorry I’m late to the party. Still down and out with that stomach bug.

I might ping you for advice once I get my 321. Would rather learn from others than make my own mistakes. Seems pretty simple though.

1 Like

Happy cake day, @Bonjoyle - hope it is awesome!

1 Like

4 weeks, nothing new. Looking reallly good. Praying to the HLG Gods.

1 Like

Happy cake day!

1 Like

Picture perfect.

4 Likes

5 week update pics-
She is now growing very fast. Anything I am trimming, I am using for clones. Have 2 from the last 2 nodes I wacked. Once the main gets nice and I top will start that as a clone as well. Shooting for 6-10 clones since I only have 3 seeds, well 2 now.

4 Likes

6 Weeks

Need to start training and get my 7 gallon cooking for the final transplant to go into flower.

2 Likes