BoilerGuy's Go✔️ILGM-Banana Kush

8/11/22-- HYPOTHESIS
A significant difference between these two ILGM Agent Orange and Godfather OG grow setups… Parameters if you will… obviously every seed is different… different phenotypes and genetics… with that being said. I grew 2 Agent Orange and 2 Godfather OG one of each was to be in a 100% canna coco where as the other 2 in a perlite and Canna Coco mix. Close to 40%perlite!
Ok so… I’ve noticed I’m left the two plants that were in 100% canna coco. The others finished much quicker than these… hmm… Something I’ve been thinking about. Besides that everything was grown in the same style fabric pot. And Autopots system. I’ll have to try the experiment again! Anyways here’s some of their final pictures before a harvest. :heavy_check_mark:

5 Likes

Beautiful work! I need to see if I still have some Agent Orange in my stash

2 Likes

8/14/22-- HARVEST DAY :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

8/19/22-- :heavy_check_mark: ILGM GORILLA GLUE SEED DROP :heavy_check_mark:
This should be interesting. Soaked them for 24 hours, and in solo cups of canna coco today.
:exclamation: Remind me not to veg too long…
:exclamation: Remind me to blast the lights during the stretch…
:exclamation: Remind me to remove more sucker branches than I have in the past, overall heavier defoliation.

Also I’ll plan on doing another 2 of each experiment where 2 of the 4 gorilla glue plants will be grown in a nearly 50/50 perlite and Canna Coco the other 2 100% Canna Coco… we’ll see. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

What’s your opinion? Have you noticed faster growth/finish when going 50/50 Canna Coco/perlite?
This previous grow I did a 100% canna coco and the other 2 the 50/50 and the 50/50’s finished 2 weeks before the 100% coco. Coincidence?

3 Likes

I may be wrong but I think @kaptain3d has done a side by side. Or, maybe knows someone that has. ?? :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Maybe @Bulldognuts ?

3 Likes

9/16/22-- VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS GO :heavy_check_mark:
3 Gorilla Glue
1 Sour Diesel Autoflower
Cooler temperatures and drier air should be prime parameters for quality flowers!

4 Likes

10/1/22-- AUTOPOTS ARE A GO
Today we fill the Rez and check for leaks. No leaks :heavy_check_mark:
Feedwater at 5.8ph 940ppm. Jack’s 321
HLG lights are on but dimmed down for now. :fire:
Transplanted about a week ago- I’ve incorporated much more perlite this go round. Seems the extra oxygen to the roots is a positive effect. 3/4" of perlite on the bottom of each 5gal spring pot and added some into the canna coco.

Thinking I’ll flower relatively soon…
Thinking I’ll need to defoliate soon…
I’ve topped all the Gorilla Glue, little LST… haven’t done much with the sour diesel autoflower.
Check em out ILGM

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting this…
I threw these cuttings in a bottle of feedwater…12/12light… left to die a slow death… I was wrong. Nature perseveres.
Guess maybe I should get it in some soil or something…

4 Likes

10/16/22-- WEEK 2 OF 12/12 :heavy_check_mark: THE BIG STRETCH
A mere 15 days later and what do we have here!
3 beautiful ILGM GORILLA GLUE and an ILGM SOUR DIESEL AUTOFLOWER.
One of which needed some extra LST. It got wire tied down today. Trellis net was added only the night before.
Defoliation over the past week or so…
Lights are maxed.

3 Likes

10/19/22-- BACK LEFT DEFOLIATED :scissors:
Feedwater at 5.8ph 990ppm. 90° f HIGH / 58° f LOW

2 Likes

10/25/22-- PICTURE UPDATE :heavy_check_mark: ILGM GORILLA GLUE
Noticable increase in water intake! No leaks :heavy_check_mark:
Full strength Jack’s 321 pH at 5.8… I don’t even pay attention to the ppm anymore, it’s probably close to 950 if the meter is accurate.
5gal XL Autopot Spring Pot 60% Canna Coco remaining 40% is perlite. Much more oxygen to the roots.
Constant defolation and sucker branch removal.
Enough with the typing… check them out!

4 Likes

Enjoyed your grows, some of the most healthy looking preflower plants ive seen, and finished product shows your passion. Took Hellraisers approach for my first grow using straight canna and jacks for my ilgm banana kush.

I hope to experience what you described when i get my first rip of banana kush. Pure poetry in your vivid description.

May i ask about the ice bath, never seen that, read that. Old guy, new grower.
Why, when, how long?
Please and thank you

3 Likes

Why- The ice bath temporarily chills the root zone…
I feel that it’s just another natural way to signal to plant that this is it’s last ditch effort to flower and finish up quick.

When- I only do this near the plants final hours. My grow style has changed and so will my Ice Cold Shock Therapy

How Long- I don’t know, previously I’ve just done this near the plants last couple days before harvest. It sounds like a great opportunity for an experiment.

Thank you for the kind comments!

1 Like

Another observation, would like your thoughts.

We, wife and i, water by determining weight by feel, thus far, plants have thrived coming up on 4th wk flower.

5 gal p4p has been as directed, water only.

The 2 others, i assume 3.5 gal pots, used two bricks coco per each container. Jacks 321. 3.6-2.4-1.2 . Autos, ilgm BK, no issues.

How many grows should a novice grower of cannibis complete before stepping up to auto pots.

Noticed last year, you made a switch in May to auto pots.
How has that investment changed your grows?

We have done no defoiliation to the p4p, the fabric pot circumference is bigger than the other 2 pots, and that plants circumference is twice the others.

The 2 coco pots are taller than fabric pot and those plants are taller.
We trimmed some big fan leaves on one and that opened light penatration up. Her buds dont look as far along as the natural one. When i say trimmed, maybe 4 or 5 sets of hugh fan leaves. The natural girl, her pistils have started to turn amber and buds look weeks ahead of the other. Fatter buds.

Given autos do there own thing, what conclusions can we draw from our first attempt?

Please and thank you.

1 Like

We did tie down each main cola with 12 inch pipe cleaners. Some dummy lifted one up and bent the main cola against the rv ceiling, shows no sign of damage. We hope thats good carma paying off.
I won’t mention his name.

Autopots are so easy… Although it’s best in my opinion to already have had a healthy seedling to transplant into the Autopot. The fabric spring pot xl grows some monster sized plants when paired with Jack’s 321… it’s just so easy…
Important to keep the system pretty clean… which Jack’s 321 is. Seems that it doesn’t gum up the tubing or valves. I have had zero issues with it for several grows now and if I did it user error…

Whatcha growing?

2 Likes

3 ilgm banana kush autos, one 5 gal p4p and 2 Hellraisers journal straight cannacoir with jacks 321.
Rv shower, hlg 300l v2 rspec.
First grow. Thus far, no hick ups, left the p4p to do her thing.

2 coirs, removed 5 sets of main stem leafs on one, its the one bulking up the fastest out of all.

Observing the second, that seed was dropped week later.

If p4p bulks up, she will be loaded.

Day 27 in flower for 2 oldest.

We quit smoking when they sprouted. Being patient has new meaning. We are all in.

3 Likes

10-31-22-- THERE’S NO GREATER ILLUSION THAN FEAR
Think I’ll prepare a scary Chemdawg joint!
Nothing new… although that Sour Diesel autoflower is looking good! :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes