BoilerGuy's Go✔️ILGM-Banana Kush

@Covertgrower I assume if I germinate+veg the Auto in the 18/6 it will produce more bud than the current one that has basically only a seen 12/12 schedule?

Not really. It’s all down to genetics. Lots of autos do just fine on 12/12.

Right on, thanks Covertgrower. We’re going to give it another go and see just what happens.

Can’t take this place for granted! I love it here! A great place for myself to document everything and have a really nice timeline of everything AND reach out when I’ve got questions along the way! So I thank you and everyone else VERY MUCH!

2 Likes

After a couple autoflower grows, and the way my current northern light autos have grown, I believe that the more light and longer that you can give them while they are young will help with more rapid growth before they decide to start flowering. I think that they need as much of a jump early on with the best conditions for them to thrive and increase yield and that includes long light days. I will only do 12/12 on autos if they are already flowering or if I want to jumpstart them to flowering.
I needed to initiate flowering on my NL #2 in order to keep a timeline for harvest and within 10 days of 12/12 it started flowering.
Maybe I am wrong but so far with limited experience with autos this is what I have observed.
Best of luck with your grow. Last one looked fire!!

With all that said, I may never grow another indoor auto again. you can flip a photo at 4 weeks, have it flower in 6 and harvest in 14-16 weeks with some fast flowering strains and out yield an auto with control over every aspect of the grow.

3 Likes

10/7/20-- FULL STEAM AHEAD!!

All three of them are doing really well now after experimenting with seedling soil mixes. :-1: These three were planted in a mix : Heavy vermiculite, some reused happy frog, sphagnum moss, and the Myco… so the soil retained more water for a longer period of time. Resulting in a much slower sprout and now to this…
Any ideas what the issue could be with that Chemdawg? Besides that the rest of the plant looks well…
Otherwise everything is FULL STEAM AHEAD!
They’re drinking up much more quickly and you can see significant growth everyday! Due for a transplant. :heavy_check_mark: Check them out and let me know. Thanks everyone!

Kept that Sour Diesel Auto it’s going on day 77+/- it keeps slowly throwing white pistils… maybe keep it for a while haha :joy: @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Zee @Hellraiser

2 Likes

Root bound and a bit of N excess: could be due to the small pot size. Past time to transplant.

6 Likes

You tagged me with some deeply experienced growers, I respect the tag, the humble side of me has to say, listen to them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely need potted up. Give em room to grow they will get happy pretty quick.

1 Like

Yes, as the others said, time to pot up unless you’re going after the solo cup challenge.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410
After further inspection today I’ve noticed my first pistils!!! I’m not so sure this is a good thing at this point!?
17/7 schedule since germination
Although they’ve been in the solo cup longer than I would have liked now… ah geez!! Just counted it up and it’s been in the solo cup for 57 days!! so I know that’s no good and I WILL BE TRANSPLANTING TOMORROW!

2 Likes

10/9/20-- TRANSPLANT DAY
LEFT----ILGM-PURE INDICA
MIDDLE----- ILGM-CHEMDAWG
RIGHT---- ILGM-GOLD LEAF

3 Likes

More white pistils from the bottom portion of the plant and some developing on the very top… Is it possible to re-veg an Autoflower?

1 Like

Could be, if it’s not 12/12.

1 Like

Oh really? It’s not it’s been at 17/7 for a good while now!

Yeah sometimes autoflowers get confused, then reveg. I’ve seen a few that it’s happened to.

1 Like

This Autoflower is pretty neat, it’s really starting to throw white pistils throughout the plant. And smells like a bucket of diesel haha :+1:. Visually the leafs look like they’re done and have been for a very long time. I’ll get you a picture very soon.
In your opinion, should I leave the dang thing alone, or maybe cut it above a node in hopes it might actually re-veg. Not sure what your feelings are about it.
No rush! Thanks for everything!

1 Like

I’m very patient.

2 Likes

That looks like it’s ready to chop. I don’t think that will be revegging.

2 Likes

Good job @BoilerGuy, think you sold me into getting the Fruity Kush mixpack whenever I order seeds next.

Love blackberry kush one if my favorites and the Banana Kush has me super intrigued… have you tried smoking it yet? Any smoke report?

1 Like

It’s been ready, but let’s keep it alive for a bit longer haha! Experimental!

1 Like