BoilerGuy's Go✔️ILGM-Banana Kush

More like I’m going bananas for these bananas! :banana:
You’re not going to ruin anything here man✔️ Thanks!!

1 Like

9/2/20-- A LITTLE COLD ICE SHOCK THERAPY✔️

They’re thirsty, 40% humidity at 78F and dropping from now until 9/4/20. They’ll be given roughly 36 hours of darkness before the harvest. So starting on this evenings lights off I will actually unplug them but keeping the ventilation system online and running.

Very minimal watering was done AFTER I put the ice on top of the soil (600ml +/- each plant) 6.5pH with nothing else added.
You might be wondering if I pH’d the ice cubes :smile: ha! No I did not, they’ll be close to a neutral 7pH when they melt into the soil.

Big THANK YOU to everyone!!

6 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Awesome work, dank ass weed you grew!

1 Like

Looking phenomenal in there!

2 Likes

9/4/20-- HARVEST DAY :heavy_check_mark: ILGM-BANANA KUSH

Stage 1 trimmed :+1: I also washed buds in a hydrogen peroxide solution, rinsed with water. Time to get it dried and cured!
Banana smells very VERY sweet while the random/bagseed probably Tahoe OG smells like 2 stroke exhaust and burnt rubber

WOW!!!

8 Likes

Thick danky buds you grew Boiler, well done!!

2 Likes

Amazing looking bud man! I cant seem to find it among all those posts. What lights are you using again? @BoilerGuy

2 Likes

Thank you!
I used blurples most if not all of the VEG period.
1 viparspecta 450w
1 bloomspect 600w
1 bloomspect 1000w

And then after further investigation and research I decided to make the switch to HLG!
Got myself a triple slate 288QB and an additional 260QB and wow what a difference that made.
So the last portion of the grow I was running the HLG’s maxed out and the bloomspect 1000.

3 Likes

Very nice looking bud Sir. Nicely done​:grin::v::+1:

1 Like

Thank you :heavy_check_mark: @Bow4Buck
I definitely recommend the ILGM Banana Kush genetics. It was my first “real” grow, meaning I actually maintained a flood to drought, maintained a 6.5ph feedwater and monitored the runoff and ppm in and out. What a difference that made throughout the grow! Really impressed!

3 Likes

I’m impressed with the way they look. Might have to make BK my next run. Very nice…

1 Like

I will have to post a picture of a well manicured/trimmed bud. Here in a week or 2 I will have you a smoke report. :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

I’ve got more work cut out for me than I initially expected! This tedious dry trimming manicure is going to take a while.

But hey! Here’s a picture of one of the main top colas on one of the Banana Kush! :banana: :heavy_check_mark:

10 Likes

That’s stupid frosty. Looks nice and tight too. LoL, nice background in those pics too.

1 Like

I’ve never grown anything like this!! It’s so great though! Smells super super sweet!
I forgot to wear my gloves and now my fingers are so so sticky!

4 Likes

@BoilerGuy Looks super nice man. Congrats on the harvest

1 Like

Thanks!! @ashhhh
Anyone have any dry trim tips? Like, I’ve already trimmed the bulk off then put on the rack to dry a bit and now I’d like to go through and sort of manicure the buds. Any tips?

@BoilerGuy So you want to make sure you slow dry it, 7-12 days. Then once you feel the bud is a little bounce when you gently squeeze then theyre good to be cured. Now you can start in a large plastic tupperware and place a hygrometer and cover it and come back check the humidity. If its between 62-65% then youre good and you can start curing in jars by popping the lid open for 15-30 minutes twice daily for a week then once a week after that then youre pretty much good to go. The longer you cure the better, you can just pop off the lid for 5-15 minutes to release fumes and gases after those first two weeks. You want to place a boveda 62% pack and a hygrometer while curing to maintain humidity. If humidity is way off and higher than 62% than you need to take them out of the tupperware/jars and dry longer then repeat

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like