Bogleg's "Whatever I have going on" Thread

Morning check and all 15 of the larger Hawaiian plant’s clones have roots.

Of the smaller one (pictured above), only 4. No worries. If I can get 19 in the tray (and all are female) I’ll be okay with that. I can either train them to use the entire space or I can keep some pots open for TOxBMR tester clones or something else over the next two-three months.

8 Likes

I am no expert man, but I have used only tap water in my aerocloner and I have had a 100% success rate. I keep ph at 6 and temps between 72 and 76 and in the old days(70s and 80s) it was a PITA to even get close to 50 or 60%.

4 Likes

Yeah - I guess I am learning this lesson for a second time. Oh well. Maybe this time it will stick. :smiley:

I have 19 rooted clones now. Out of 30. Maybe two or three more look to root. Maybe not.

5 Likes

Trying an experiment. Can I germinate and root seeds from start in the tray?

10 Likes

This is likely to be a waste of time and resources.

3 Likes

Hung the COB rails in preparation for flipping the big Hawaiian to flower. I am thinking two more weeks will allow me to clone the three TOxBMR plants and get the other clones in my tray. That and she needs another couple of weeks before I want to screen her up.

7 Likes

Are you putting them anything plugs, etc…?
To me, seems like if you had them in something they should do fine. JMHO… ?
Honestly, I’m just the humble student… :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

I put them in rapid rooters, put those rapid rooters in the hydroton, then soaked them through the hydroton into the tray, and filled my reservoir up with tap water and have the pump running 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off. Keeping the lights on to keep the temps up. I covered up the rapids rooters with a layer of hydroton. I’m pretty sure the water level won’t get high enough to keep the rooters drenched - but we’ll check them tomorrow evening and see.

3 Likes

I started both of mine in rooters and when they got about 3” tall, I put them in the net pots, and then, in my totes.
I didn’t cover the tops of the rooter until roots were through the pot.
I was able to keep an eye on the rooters to see if it got too dry. If it did, I would pull it out and dunk it in the water… lol… just enough to get the rooter wet and replete till the roots came out of the bottom of the pot Then I dropped the water level down.

3 Likes

I need advice: should I soak the Rooters one more time? Looks like I have germination - not sure how wet I should keep it at this point (normally they are in a cup of water).

4 Likes

I would shoot for damp but not soaked. I started liking rooters a lot more once I began squeezing excess moisture out.

4 Likes

Difference here is that I didn’t germinate first, so I soaked them thoroughly to begin with and now will monitor the moisture level to work for “damp” not “drenched” as I like to say. But I wonder if maybe another day of a solid soak would be a good idea - it looks like it around 24 hours they dried off to “damp.”

4 Likes

Probably wouldn’t hurt you on short terms like that

3 Likes

It might amuse you to know that I never actually “harvested” the plant the seeds came from. It’s still in the pot sitting in a corner of my basement with the D8 and D7 plants. When I went and plucked seeds I was rewarded with sticky fingers and that awesome citrus-orange smell. Made me have some longing. :smiley:

5 Likes

Sounds like a good candidate for one of those left handed cigarettes.

5 Likes

You think there’d be any “benefit” consuming bud from a plant that’s been dried and sitting in a corner for a couple of years? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not sure. If it’s not moldy or rotted you may have to try in name of science

1 Like

I’ll try it tonight and see. I would expect it to have some mild relaxation properties and not much else.

1 Like

I soak my seeds for right at 24 hr. and then stick them directly into the rooters or plugs.

Only difference maybe is, I put them in a dome on a heat mat. Then I just mist the domes until they pop out of the rooter Once I see roots coming of the rooter, then I put them in net pots.

Then I dunk and dry and repeat till roots come out of the pot.

1 Like

I generally soak them until they have a 1/4" to 1/2" tail, then put them in “damp but not drenched” Rooters and do the exact same thing you do.

So in this case, I’m thinking 24-48 hours in a “drenched” rapid rooter and hopefully they germ - once they sprout I will carefully monitor the moisture on the rooters. If they sprout, I should say. :smiley:

Just hope I don’t stall them by letting them dry out a little too much too soon. Or by drowning them too long. The usual stuff. :smiley:

1 Like