Bogleg's Hazy Black and Blue Grow

Sound good brother and good advice on ground and :+1: on gfi breakers

1 Like

I bought this house and the first thing I had done after possession was going from 60 amp to 200 amp service my shed has 4 15 amp dedicated circuits and could run on 2 easily enough

5 Likes

Better too much than not enough lol. Just ask @SmoknGranny with her issues.

3 Likes

Day 6 since I dropped the seeds in water. Day 3 since they all sprouted (BBA: 5 days in sprout, BCK 4 days in sprout, GL 3 days in sprout).

They just got watered (PH 5.8, PPM 67) with plain tap water. Iā€™ve been spraying them with a little water to keep the rooters moist twice a day (when I wake up and when I go to sleep). They are currently under 24 hours of light with a 125W CFL fixture.

10 Likes

Is that one of those dedicated cfl grow lights with hood and everything? How do you think it works?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s a Hydrofarm fixture:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UV6P9I?tag=greenrel-20
Personally I think it works great for seedlings. Doesnā€™t take up much space, produces just the right amount of heat for my space. I like it. Because I can run it so close to the plants I can use it in confined spaces suitable for seedlings.

3 Likes

Nice! Someone was asking about them little while back.

1 Like

Yep :+1: Just lost a freezer full of food thanks to low amps and bad wiring :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that!

2 Likes

Nice :+1:
Them are fast girls :v:

You and me both! Thought I would unplug freezer and start greenhouse in basement butā€¦ yep, not going to risk losing plants after losing all that food (4-6 months worth :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). Hubby is learning to like meatless soups and beans :rofl:

2 Likes

24hrs of lightā€¦just a friendly reminder that roots grow during the dark periods while the plant sleeps.

2 Likes

Day #11 since I dropped seeds. All the plants have roots down into the reservoir now, so I have stopped top feeding. The rooters have been wicking water up into them and have been staying pretty damp - which is something I am keeping an eye on. I also need to get a gentle breeze on these girls soon.

In any case today as I stared at them it seemed to me that they looked hungry. So I swapped out their reservoir and gave them their first nutes:

2.5ml/gal of CalMag
1.25ml/gal of Armor Si
1.25ml/gal of FloraMicro, FloraGrow, and Florabloom

That came out to a PPM of 325, so now all of them are sitting on top of that at a PH of 5.76.

Tomorrow Iā€™m headed back out of town until Wednesday. Iā€™ll have the wife check on the plants and if need be top feed them. I am 100% three of them will be fine but one of the gold leaf seedlings isnā€™t quite there yet for me.

10 Likes

About to head to the airport. Double checked the plants this morning and they all look like they are getting water to them from the reservoir now. I set a bucket of PH 5.8/325ppm water next to the seedling station and filled a spray bottle with it just in case the wife needs to do any maintenance tomorrow or Wednesday. But I think the plants should be okay for a couple of days barring something Iā€™m not seeing. The Blackberry Kush plant looks like itā€™s a beast compared to the other plants.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve never done hydro, but itā€™s odd to me that youā€™re already using nutes. Not criticizing, just commenting.

2 Likes

Well, my medium is water that has nothing in it, as opposed to soil that had nutrients in it. I like to think of it as me making my own soil. At this point Iā€™m just making the ā€œsoilā€ for seedlings.

My wife took a pic for me today.

While Iā€™ve been ā€œworkingā€ at the beach:

Anyway they are all still alive and donā€™t look horrible!

12 Likes

The new tent arrived while I was out of town, so tonightā€™s agenda:

Move around stuff in the basement to make room for the new tent
Set up the new tent
Hook up one of my LED panels for lighting
Connect 6" in-line exhaust fan (using passive intake)
Set up reservoirs for each plant
Put plants in new reservoirs

The blueberry auto and blackberry kush are going into my new 8 gallon buckets. The two Gold Leaf I am going to put on top of a pair of my 3.5 gallon buckets. Iā€™m going to leave them in those until they are big enough to warrant the 14 gallon totes, so Iā€™ll do the same thing on this grow as the last one, and increase reservoir size as the plant size increases. In the case of the Gold Leaf plants, they are going outside so I wonā€™t move them to bigger totes unless absolutely necessary.

I decided to go with the 8 gallon reservoir for the blackberry kush because I need to make sure I can grow a big photo in it before I build an RDWC system with them.

I donā€™t have to head out of town again until Sunday night so if I get this done tonight I can keep a close eye on them and top feed as needed for a couple of days, and at least be able to give the wife reasonable instructions for care while I am out of town.

As far as the plants go they look okay - maybe a little nitrogen starved at the moment. Could be any number of things. In any case I need to get them into a real tent so I can add heat and humidity to their environment without the dome over them. Itā€™s time for them to feel some air moving around them.

7 Likes

Operations are expanding!

2 Likes

Who doesnā€™t love an operations expansion? This guy does! @Bogleg

2 Likes

Veg tent is up and running!

Have a lot of cleaning up to do this weekend - as well as probably jarring up a lot of bud. Iā€™ll probably throw my CFL fixture in the veg tent so I have some white light I can work under.

In any case, the four plants are now in their new homes. BCK on the left, BBA on the right, the two GL in the middle. My work trip for next week got cancelled so I get to stay home for almost two whole weeks! Which means I can top feed these girls. The BCK and one of the GLs already have roots into the water in these reservoirs. The other two have a lot of hydroton to navigate and will require top feeding for awhile.

I filled their reservoirs with 5.85ph/330ppm water. The water consists of (per gallon):

2.5ml Armor Si
2.5ml CalMag
1.25ml Micro/Grow/Bloom

9 Likes