Bogleg's Hazy Black and Blue Grow

I think from a density perspective they are my best so far… a lot still to go wrong though. Heh.

3 Likes

Home stretch now you will be fine can’t wait to see how it goes for you…for me gold should be another 3-4 weeks…purple maybe the same but the silver will be a bit longer the bloody deamon stretcher…hope they come out half as good as yours

2 Likes

Thanks Mudcrab - I appreciate that. From what I can tell you should do very well come harvest time.

2 Likes

Time will tell like you said have a way to go still but my regimen of neglect seems to be working…although have revised this set up for my next going to put in a larger screen for the next grow using the same totes. Just need to make the mind up on the seed purchase. Actually thinking of another mix pack grow and most likely the Pop Culture mix pack I think? Have you grown any of those strains?

Just think the weather here seems to favour a 60/40 mix in the plants best. Crazy temp changes are about at the moment day time temps are 30C and gets down to 12c and lower over night, mind that this is the cooler time of year.

4 Likes

So far all I’ve grown are (all ILGM):

• Crystal fem
  • Gold Leaf
  • Super Silver Haze
  • Blueberry Auto
  • Blackberry Kush

And I am currently growing these additional strains:

• Northern Lights Auto
  • Chronic Widow
  • Amnesia Haze Auto

And I’m growing one non-fem, non-ILGM Fruity Pebbles plant right now too.

Which strains are in the Pop Culture one? That Bruce Banner, Skywalker, etc?

1 Like

Yes the Banner, Skywalker and Black Widow. Although I am torn between that and the Heavy Hitters Mix Pack. It has Blue Dream
Gorilla Glue, MK Ultra and it may suit my location and weather better.

Have been toying with the idea of autos also for between now and the next large tote grow but have not done autos before so I am a little unsure.

2 Likes

@Bogleg also forgot to ask re the SSH how crazy was your stretch and how did it go for yield? Mine went on in stretch for what seemed like near a month and caught me out as I had no more room. I am now left with colas about forearm length which has me a little concerned but I am hoping they fill out as they have short internodes. Did you experience the same?

2 Likes

@Bogleg, I am also curious about the SSH as I will be dropping one them for my next grow.

1 Like

One of my favorite smokes. I love it. I wish I had ten pounds of it. It’s like medicine for the soul. :slight_smile:

Consumed via a dry herb vaporizer it’s like concentrated lemon tea. The effects - at least for me, with what I grew - hit me very quickly, with that spacy head rush feeling lasting for around 30 minutes… and then it’s just getting things done all day long with a great mindset. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Anything special or unusual one might want to know about how it grows or any special attention it might need?

I love the HH mix pack a lot. As you can tell from my last post I like sativas a lot, so I’m aiming more towards some classic sativa strains for my winter growing.

3 Likes

Thinking of getting a dry herb vape myself, what one do you have @Bogleg

1 Like

As Mudcrab also discovered, it stretches a lot - and when you think it’s done it starts again. I pretty much failed on my SCROG attempt of it, but the screen was able to spread the plant out so I effectively used my space and my light… but I had a lot of larf due to bad training. I vegged mine for just over 60 days and that was probably perfect for a 2x4 scrog if I would’ve stayed on top of the training throughout the whole stretch.

1 Like

I have a Fez - it’s okay, not great. One of my buds has a Pax 3 - which is high on my list of “needs” - and it is amazing. Unbelievable how good the bud tastes and how well it vapes the dry herb.

3 Likes

Thinking of getting the mighty myself…but the local prices are crazy at $750 Aud so looks like an online purchase for me at $350.

1 Like

Never used one for herb before but I can see it would be used a lot and might be a better way to use the product?

1 Like

Before I bought my house I lived in an apartment, and I used one a lot then. They are nice for when you are on the move and would like to be mostly discreet. I think it’s probably a little healthier but I am sure there isn’t any science to back that opinion up. :smiley:

1 Like

My plan originally was to use autos to get a perpetual grow going in half my space (half of the veg tent and half of the flower tent), then use the other half to veg and flower photos at my leisure.

I’ve totally gotten away from that plan since I bought the seeds with that plan in mind. :smiley: Typical Bogleg…

3 Likes

I’ve been using the Alternate by Vivant; it does a fine job and I found it for half price. It’s battery so portable.

2 Likes

Well, you may recall I put the GL on a 13/11 schedule earlier this week (on Monday I think?). Well, this morning I opened the tent up to a lot of these:

I’ll check trichomes on the BCK tonight.

Hopefully she’s ready to come down before Sunday, so I can spend all day Sunday dealing with this:

Obviously I never got around to doing any pruning on her last weekend. :smiley:

I think I might be safe as far as the stretch is concerned, at least… she seems very pliable still, so I like my chances.

If the BCK takes another week, will I be okay? Absolute worst case scenario is I start training the GL in place and swap the lights when the BCK is done (that also means moving the carbon filter).

9 Likes