Bogleg's Hazy Black and Blue Grow

A note to anyone who cares.

For the soil, I am using this mix:

1:1:1: CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss) : Pumice/Lava rock : Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per cuF with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
4-6 cups Basalt
6-8 cups Biochar

Except I used perlite instead of the lava rock (couldn’t find any locally).

Eventually I will add worms to my two plots.

7 Likes

GL really perked up in her new open air home! I think those will thrive outside and be monsters.

1 Like

I think so too - just worried about how I will finish them.

5 Likes

Nice looking manifolds @Bogleg I hope the outdoor grow goes with out an issue.

2 Likes

Looking good @Bogleg tell you what I love the Gold Leaf they love it outdoors…solid looking plants and they look healthy and happy. They will reward you well I am sure.

2 Likes

Update. 106 days from seed. 59 days in flower for the BBA. 4 weeks completed for the BCK.

The BBA is on her final week flush and will be coming down over the weekend:

She’s starting to show some cool colors:

Some trichome pics from last night:

The BCK is start to slow down on eating - no doubt because I’ve taken so many leaves from her.

We’ll see how this training method pans out… I’m feeling a little apprehensive that I was too aggressive with tying her down.

…but hey, I don’t see how I can get much larf out of her this way. Heh.

11 Likes

Looking great @Bogleg

1 Like

I have a lot of things going on right now - probably too many… so here is a picture review, from oldest to youngest (oldest in terms of plant stage, these first four plants are actually all the same age):

BBA:

BCK:

Flower tent all together:

Gold Leaf still in hydro:

Gold Leaf outdoors:

Chronic Widow:

Northern Lights Auto:

Fruity Pebbles Regular:

Amnesia Haze Auto:

11 Likes

Always enjoy your updates. Your plants are impressive looking gals

2 Likes

Thanks B! This soil thing is new to me… work in progress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. Just harvested my first soil grow. 13 strains. Doing my first decarb right now on 6 strains. Ilgm’s Amnesia haze is ALMOST too strong

3 Likes

I love sativas so I’m looking forward to getting mine to harvest. I had a devil of a time getting one to come out and play. I’ve germinated 4 - all with nice tap roots - but only this last one ever made it up out of the medium. Once I get her big enough I think I’m going to put her into the ground instead of in a bigger pot. Time-wise I think that’d put me around the middle to end of September for a harvest date…

1 Like

Looks like you’re getting close on the one!

2 Likes

I’ve decided to do a phased harvest on her - I will take her top colas this weekend and give the rest a few more days with some direct light.

3 Likes

I’ve done that and the second harvest was better than the first!

2 Likes

I’m just hoping I can turn some stuff I would normally throw in the trim bag into stuff I can throw into a jar. :smiley: I might need your guidance on where to chop.

3 Likes

I took an imaginary line through the plant and tried to create a second canopy so I could set the lights correctly. I think I went two more weeks and the result was stupid strong.

4 Likes

I’m going to try and do the same - I’ll check each branch before I cut it and try to also only remove the stuff that feels ready… ideally I’d like to get the remaining stuff around the same height as the SCROG.

3 Likes

Awesome update! And I thought I was a busy grower :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Outstanding @Bogleg! I see some BOM contenders in the BBA

4 Likes