Bogleg's "Dejah" Hybrid Grow (SOG-ish, Ebb and Flow, 4x4, COBs)

Has anyone toyed with recovering their spent nutrient water with some kind of desalination/RO system? I am wondering if I could reduce my water consumption to something like 5% of what it currently is by reclaiming my water.

1 Like

hat could be great for me as well if it was kept simple. My run off adds up fast. I have at least 2 gallons a day wasted

1 Like

What a great idea! I think you could pull it off with the right equipment. The question is, what equipment, and would it be worth the cost? Oooooh, what about that stuff that they use to make nasty water potable? It causes everything to clump up and sink to the bottom, and purifies it enough to be safe to drink. It’s a powder. Lemme do some Googling…

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M97Z0HE/ref=asc_df_B01M97Z0HE5877244?tag=shopz0d-20&ascsubtag=shopzilla_mp_1226-20;15608818358507081963710070301008005&creative=395261&creativeASIN=B01M97Z0HE&linkCode=asn

3 Likes

This would work. I use it to reclaim alcohol when making RSO/FECO.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANW7HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_ySscDb28066CN

1 Like

@magnumpu here’s another good one

1 Like

Thanks for bringing me back to this thread.

An update -
The clones I had in flower are no-more. I harvested them a few weeks ago. They didn’t turn out very well (my worst grow other than my very first one) due to a number of mistakes I made, which culminated in me messing with the water pump and accidentally shutting it off for over 24 hours while the plants were still in their infancy. That in turn dried up all the roots and a bunch of them never fully recovered.

In any case, as a result of the sub-standard harvest I decided to flower out the mom. She is currently concluding week 5 since the flip:

I’m growing her in DWC over a 30 gallon tote.

10 Likes

That’s is one plant? Wow!!!

5 Likes

That it is.

I’m flowering this in my veg tent, so it’s under my “veg” lights - which are comprised of four 60W 3500K PCBs (basically they are QB65 knock-offs). I added in my “breeding” light, which is an HLG100 in 3000K.

The four boards running at 60W are positioned roughly over each 2x2 square in the 4x4 tent, with the HLG100 hung dead center in the tent.

So that plant has, according to my Sonoff smart plug, 330W currently lighting it’s way.

With that, we’re in uncharted territory. If we get some decent bud results off of this grow, it likely will mean changing the lights in my actual flower tent.

8 Likes

It’s looking good. I can’t wait for the flip on your pheno hunt tent.

5 Likes

Hey Boggie, good to hear from you

4 Likes

Day 58 since the flip to 12/12 for the Dejah #2 mother plant.

I’ll be harvesting this plant in the next couple of days.

11 Likes

The things that can happen in 22 days lol. Nice job!

5 Likes

Nice job she looks tasty! And a 22 day explosion! Wish there was time lapse of that.

4 Likes

I am 100% sold on Jacks 3-2-1 (GG’s original modified version). I used it from day 1 on this plant.

5 Likes

I can see why. I’d say your “veg light” is over delivering too.

3 Likes

What a canopy!

5 Likes

Definitely something to keep in mind for the future. If I use these for flowering again, I will be more diligent about making sure the canopy is narrower - these lights can’t really handle more than 4" of canopy thickness IMHO. All that being said, I like the 3500K spectrum a lot for flower.

The success of this run certainly makes me want to consider replacing my COBs - but only due to heat management (which I think I can mitigate other ways, as well). But clearly I don’t need to be running 600W in a 4x4 to get good results.

What do you think the GPW will be on this one? Only need 11 ounces to hit 1 GPW. Looks like around a pound of good bud to me plus all the larf and popcorn stuff (and there is a ton of it).

5 Likes

I remember saying I thought you would get at least a pound when you were putting plant in the tent. Still feel you’ll do at least that good. Determining factor will be how picky you’re going to be on bud/trim selection.

4 Likes

Well I’m not super picky, personally. It all rolls into a joint or packs into a bowl the same to me. IMHO every top you can see in the above pic is going into a jar. Anything under them is likely going into the freezer immediately for future extraction. :smiley:

5 Likes