Bogleg's "Dejah" Hybrid Grow (SOG-ish, Ebb and Flow, 4x4, COBs)

Dibs! Lol

6 Likes

Good looking seeds. Iā€™ll get to try the ASC when Brian gets done with it.

5 Likes

Okay - it took awhile (thanks woody stems), but all my clones have rooted!

IMG_1971.JPG

I need to give the last two a couple of days to get a little more established, but 16 of these 17 clones will be going into the flower tent this week, and the remaining one will replace the mom in the veg tent.

As you can see, these are monster clones. Itā€™s taken a little time for them to start growing new leaves, but most of them are growing again. Iā€™m not sure how the monster clones will turn out in flower - Iā€™ve had some strange results with them in the past.

9 Likes

I have a Thai Haze monster cropped clone and it does look and behave differently.

2 Likes

A couple of the ones Iā€™ve done didnā€™t really stretch at all - they just threw out a ton of branches and bud sites but they were little footballs of nugs.

2 Likes

unreal man. thats some impressive results there. im pretty interested and will be reading this journal properly. good stuff, thanks for sharing your plant magic @Bogleg

4 Likes

And weā€™re off to the races.

7e255e2cab22cf5339e810ff8d8b447ca0b31b52.jpeg

My 40 gallon reservoir was filled with 30 gallons that has the following mixture per gallon (GreenGene Formula):

• 2g Jacks Part A
  • 2.7g Jacks Part B
  • 2g Epsom Salts
  • 1.2g MKP
  • 2ml Armor Si
  • 8ml Hygrozyme

With my base tap water that put me at a PPM of right around 900 and a PH in the 5.9s.

Right now I have the flood cycle running for 20 minutes every hour with lights on.

The lights themselves are set at 210w for now. I will slowly increase the light intensity over whatā€™s left of this week and early next week - likely settling in around 400-450 watts for the first couple of weeks.

I am going to let the plants go under 24 hours of light today and tomorrow, then switch to 12/12 on the weekend.

14 Likes

Dope! Have you looked at what your potential cost savings are using this recipe?

4 Likes

No - honestly Iā€™ve never run a cost model for nutrients - something Iā€™ve been planning to do but havenā€™t gotten around to it yet.

Thatā€™s correct - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9JNCVR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FYI that Hygrozyme isnā€™t going to last long - good thing I got two sample bottles.

5 Likes

Well without it I would be using the standard Jacks 3-2-1 formula instead of the modified GG formula, and the PPMs are actually higher under the standard Jacks 3-2-1 formula, but with lower PK. Here is a screenshot of GGā€™s spreadsheet with the NPKs of several different formulas:

6 Likes

He puts everything on YouTube.

5 Likes

So you can see his intention was to raise up the P specifically - he was chasing the red stem issue most of us LED growers witness. Iā€™d like to see if I can resolve that little nit as well.

1 Like

Did you see the sulfur numbers too?

2 Likes

Depends on how you purchase it. Letā€™s look at a cost comparison of GH Flora using Lucas Formula + Calimagic at full strength compared to the GG formula using four parts. And weā€™ll game this out using my flower tent as the baseline to keep it simple, and assume I use all the space in the 40 gallon reservoir.

So, for the entirety of the grow, letā€™s assume it goes 10 weeks. This typically means something like five reservoir changes for me, so 200 gallons of water in total, letā€™s say (in reality this is probably close to accurate because I usually run 30-35 gallons in the tote and top it off every couple of days in mid- to late flower).

40 gallons of water would require the following in Lucas Formula (totals):

Flora Micro - 8ml/gal x 40ga = 320ml
Flora Bloom = 16ml/gal x 40ga = 640ml
Calimagic = 5ml/gal x 40 = 200ml

Multiple that then by 5 times for all the system changes and we get the following:

Micro: 320x5 = 1.6L
Bloom: 640x5 = 3.2L
Calimagic: 200x5 = 1L

A one gallon bottle is 3.79L (according to the label), so at the end of this one flower period weā€™d have the following leftover:

Micro: 2.19L
Bloom: 0.59L
Calimagic: 2.79L

Extrapolating the math you can figure the following ratios used up per flower period:

Micro: 42% of the bottle
Bloom: 84% of the bottle
Calimagic: 26% of the bottle

So rough calculations letā€™s say we can get one grow out of the gallon of Bloom, two out of the gallon of Micro, and four out of the gallon of Calimagic.

So letā€™s base our cost on four grows.

Costs per gallon of each:

Micro: $31.99
Bloom: $29.99
Calimagic: $40.50

For four grows (flower period only), then, our total would be two gallons of Micro, four gallons of Bloom, and one gallon of Calimagic.

That totals up to $224.44 to get us through 4 flower periods, or $56.11 per grow for nutrients.

Now letā€™s do the GG formula for 40 gallons of water.

Jacks Part A: 2g per gallon x 40 = 80g
Jacks Part B: 2.7g per gallon x 40 = 108g
Epsom Salts: 2g per gallon x 40 = 80g
MKP: 1.2g per gallon x 40 = 48g

Multiplied by five system changes:

Jacks Part A: 400g
Jacks Part B: 540g
Epsom Salts: 400g
MKP: 240g

Typical purchase size for dry nutes is 1kg, so these prices are for 1kg bags.

Jacks Part A: $23.99
Jacks Part B: $22.99
Epsom Salts: $10 for four pounds (1.8kg)
MKP: $13 for 1 pound (.45kg)

So with the original purchase above, the Jacks Part B becomes our limiter (540g per grow) - and we can get four grows out of one bag (540g * 4 = 2.16kg). MKP is also a limiter (240 out of 450g used for each grow means we need roughly one bag for every two grows).

Going with four grows, weā€™d have the following left over:

Jacks Part A - 200g
Jacks Part B - 40g
Epsom Salts - 200g
MKP = 0g

Looking at four grows, then we need to purchase 1 on of each of the first three parts and two bags of MKP. This puts our total, for four grows, at a whopping $82.98. Or $20.75

The cost comparison then is:

Lucas Formula + Calimagic = $56.11 per grow
GreenGene Jacks Formula = $20.75 per grow

So switching up is costing me less than half what Lucas was costing me. If this all works out and I like this nutrient line, then I will be buying 25# buckets of these nutes at a reduced cost per gram.

6 Likes

So ProVerde has a lab in Milford - I am going to get three of my plants tested. Cannabinoid and terpene profiles for three batches will cost me $300. Have to drop the samples off in person.

3 Likes

Today is the 7th day since the plants were put under 12/12 light.

58207780540__4EFB8E94-8792-444B-B066-60EDD00B73BB

At this point Iā€™m thinking I shouldā€™ve let them veg for one more week. I probably should get the roots where they are now and then flip them. Weā€™ll see how this plays out, and use it as a data point for the next run.

IMG_1987

The reservoir this morning was at 5.93pH. I dropped a few ML of PH Down into it - itā€™s been creeping up slowly every couple of days. Seems like the Jacks isnā€™t buffered as well as the GH Flora series?

PPMs are sitting around 900 still.

5 Likes

Humm, I feel like I saw this somewhere else. Maybe itā€™s DĆ©jĆ  vu :laughing:

4 Likes

Haha that was good @Budbrother :laughing:

1 Like

Am I the only one for whom the pics arenā€™t loading?

3 Likes

Not loading on my end either

3 Likes