Bogleg's "Dejah" Hybrid Grow (SOG-ish, Ebb and Flow, 4x4, COBs)

Sweet! I’d probably go after those plants too

3 Likes

The other one in there is the biggest “normal” one - the one front right corner in the flower tent.

An environmental note:

Last night I turned on the dehumidifier and my fans are now running 24/7. I am lowering RH and trying to keep it below 50% now that we’re getting some bud mass. One, I don’t want bud rot in my tent ever again, and 2) low RH seems to really pack on the trichomes.

I expect we’ll see some negative effects of the lower RH in both the veg tent and the flower tent, but oh well. This will maybe help me see if any of these plants handle it better than the others.

6 Likes

ya never know. I just jarred 2 identical plants from same seeds. Bigger plant and buds filled 2 pint jars, smaller plant and buds filled 2 quart jars.

3 Likes

Day 36 since the flip to 12/12

Not much to do tonight reservoir-wise. PH was at 5.88, and PPMs were at 1310 (63F). Humidity is now hovering around 40% in the tent. I am having to run my heater with the lights on to keep the temp up. With the heater off and lights on I was lows of 64. This is because I am running the fans constantly. :confused: With the heater on it stays right at 72F.

I did a little leaf plucking - mostly on the left side of the tent. Things are pretty bunched up in there. I think I may take a couple of branches out of there… might be better in the long run to lose a branch or two.

Seems like the buds have had a little growth spurt in the past couple of days. I am starting to like what I’m seeing.

Yesterday I noticed I had an area in the canopy where some tops were getting bleached. As a result I lowered the output on the middle and right rail in my tent by 50 watts each, so right now I’m running 200/150/150.

The buds that were looking bleached survived the last day cycle without getting any worse. In fact, they look better to me.

And here are some random bud shots for your pleasure.

17 Likes

Tent looks great Bogs :wink::v:

3 Likes

Thanks buddy. :slight_smile: Four more weeks to go! Roughly… I better get to smoking some stash so I have jars. Heh.

4 Likes

You growing any of these yet Matty?

3 Likes

If I lived closer, I’d help you make that stash disappear haha. I’m digging the bud structure on those. Can’t wait to grow them myself :wink:

2 Likes

I will be soon. I’m waiting until I harvest my seeds from the breeding tent before I drop more seeds. I need to thoroughly wash down all my tents because that pollen gets everywhere haha. Once I do that, I’ll drop a couple each of yours and then I’m gonna start pheno hunting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I have some different odors coming from the tent. Some extremely pleasing and some not so much - haha!

Be interesting to see what these 8 plants are like once they get jarred up. Unfortunately the two in the far back left got put into the tray late and are somewhat stunted. Be lucky to get an ounce out of each of them. But the other 6 are game on.

I have three clones in the breeding tent now… since I had Dejah Vu male already dumping pollen I figured why not just do it now, I can throw them away if their mom has horrible buds.

6 Likes

Last grow I pollinated a single bud on 3 different plants. I used a tiny paint brush to apply to 2. I got 8 seeds from one and 13 seeds from the other. The third one I dropped a pinch on top of bud, it made probably 100 seeds.

5 Likes

Had a holder go bad on one of my COB rails yesterday, so currently only running 400w in the tent until I can get a replacement part in my hands (arrives on Friday).

I have a couple old blurple lights (King Pro 1000s) but no hangers, so I over nighted some of those and will get one of those lights up temporarily until I can repair the COB rail.

So far, they’ve had one night under 400w instead of 600w.

13 Likes

I think they’ll display some adaptability lol. They look great!

5 Likes

I have this habit (maybe not a good one) of smoking a bowl right before I do my evening gardening… last night that was not a good idea. When I opened the tent, saw the rail, couldn’t get it running… I was in a panic for about 10 minutes before I calmed myself down and repeated my life mantra - problems are opportunities, or things I have to accept. In this case, something to accept. Heh. Nothing I could do about it last night, so I internalized that and got a good night’s rest (with the aid of some ILGM blueberry).

7 Likes

Night before last after my evening smoke: several bong hits of kief, maybe a couple of hits of Crystal too lol and then a BIG spliff of some of @Not2SureYet’s Swiss Cheese. Let’s say I was pleasantly stupefied (let’s not forget the brownie before bed every night too haha) when I went in to take my prescription meds: one statin, one prostate. At the same time I stage my two blood pressure meds for the morning. So when I woke up yesterday I had mixed the two up and taken my morning drugs the night before and vice versa. Stupid.

7 Likes

Well, you woke up - and I’m glad for that! Sometimes when I have a bunch of things to do I make sure to make a list before I smoke so I have some reference point to remind me of the things I’m supposed to do. Heh. Not always, but if there are more than 4 or 5 things for me to remember to do, it usually helps.

5 Likes

My cutoff has always been 3 things lol. Lately it’s more than one I’d better write it down…

4 Likes

Yeah I have a giant white board in my home office. I used to know a guy who is very well off who once gave me this advice: “Get yourself a big white board. Write a lot of stuff on it and wave your hands around. The money will roll in.”

I got the white board. I write lots of stuff on it. I wave my arms around.

Still waiting on the money though.

6 Likes

Same here but i got like 4 white boards ( i wanted more) still waitin for the dough to roll in.

4 Likes

BTW Beautiful stuff love it so fun to see yalls grows.It makes me wana run up and do somthin jus cus :grinning:

5 Likes