Bogleg's "Dejah" Hybrid Grow (SOG-ish, Ebb and Flow, 4x4, COBs)

Am I the only one for whom the pics aren’t loading?

3 Likes

Not loading on my end either

3 Likes

Yeah me as well. It’s annoying. They load “after awhile.” Here:

And some Dejah 2 seeds.

9 Likes

Won’t be long before they blow up! Those deja seeds look nice. :eyes: what’s the cross?

3 Likes

It’s an Alien Fruit Cake (m) by Cinderella 99 (f). Those are second generation from a back cross.

6 Likes

So will those be a stronger strain than the first? Sorry, brain fog here :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Those are some good looking seeds…nice work!

2 Likes

They dont necessarily get stronger… they become more stable after back breeding , which means that your strains will be more identical from seed and perform in the way you expect them too… but they will always have there own way of growing and performing… back breeding is just a way to make things more stable and able to predict a better outcome from the plants that your breeding… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

If you have the time and space , you can really determine the part’s of the strain that you want to be more dominant… but this takes years to perfect and alot of money and dedication…
That’s why you pay so much for good genetics…
They are not easy to produce…:wink:

3 Likes

That’s why when your paying 10 to 25 bucks per clone… you want good stable genetics…
The majority of the time , the room is infested with bugs and mold…
Clones are always ceceptable to disease and mold…
And in the long run will alter your genetics and cause things to go haywire…
I trust no one when it comes to taking clones…
It always ends up going south… :wink:

2 Likes

I like seeds my self. I am just now trying clones. I recently swiped one from a plant I had temporarily of @Myfriendis410 s. They seem to take longer to get going. But once they do, they really get with it.

1 Like

Well hopefully not a LOT of money… hopefully not a whole lot more than if I was just growing in general anyway.

But I do expect it to take a few years to get where I want to be. I’m not even sure what I’ve got going on is the go forward plan yet. We’ll know more next week. :smiley:

3 Likes

My comment wasn’t really directed towards anyone…

Just throwing out knowledge…
I love when I get a few seeds from my grows…
I know what’s in there and so I can only imagine how many crosses I might have… all fire…
But your trying to create your own top quality genetics in a sense…
Basically all’s I was saying is that it takes alot of time and dedication and money to get known results and genetics that you can guarantee will act somewhat as close as possible to your desired outcome…
Yield , potency , flavor and everything in between… :wink:
I love breeding…
it’s just alot of work to get things just right as far as passing on genetics… :wink:

4 Likes

It’s kinda like I used to have to explain to my customers all the time. They’d say “Wow! That was fast! You were only here 10 minutes! Why is it so expensive?” You’re not paying for my time. You’re paying for my knowledge and service. It’s done right, the first time, quickly, and I’m out of your way. THAT is why it costs what it does.

Anyway, seeds are kinda the same. Someone takes the time to breed a strain, do all the pheno hunting, growing out several generations…all that, even if it’s ‘free’ as part of your typical grow, takes time and effort, and a good bit of knowledge and skill to do it right. To get a strain to the point that it’s known everywhere takes a lot of time and a ton of work. Respect to the breeders! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Day 11 under 12/12 - Day 12 in the tray.

Hope they keep stretching/growing. I’d like them to get at least twice the size they are now, but I’m not going to hold my breath. This might be a 6-8oz grow when it’s all said and done. :slight_smile:

That’s all fine and dandy - I had to run one like this to see the lower limit. This is an important data point for my use of the table.

4 Likes

I think if the plants were getting into each other a little more you would be there. They could still make it though

1 Like

FYI, I acquired a new cloner.

1 Like

You’re getting soft lol.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Doing the math it’s about the same cost if you factor in a cost for my labor. I need more than 17 spots to clone in, but didn’t want to increase my foot print at all. :wink: I feel like I needed something a little more… robust… to accomplish my Winter goals.

Speaking of goals, here is the rough schedule for the remainder of this calendar year:

Now until August 15 - Flowering Dejah 2 clones
Mid-July: drop Cherry Bomb and Blue Orca x Red Thai seeds
August - harvest Dejah, get moms/dads going from Cherry Bombs and BCxRT plants
Sept - Populate flower tent with D2, CB, and CBxRT clones, if male plants available, breed Cherry Bomb to D2
Nov/Dec - harvest breeding tent and flower tent