Blurple conversion

@dbrn32 show us the path to redemption
13 1/4” long
7 1/2” wide
Panel separates from the small heat sink

2 Likes

Is that the only DC power supply? Can you show the info on the back of the fan?

Can you show where the line voltage goes once it comes into the unit? I wanna see if it splits off somewhere other than going to the DC power supply

2 Likes

Yes only 1 power supply . Power Goes straight into the driver @NeoGroR

2 Likes

Wow. It’s crazy how cheap that is.

2 Likes

Blurples exposed!

2 Likes

I don’t care what it takes, my blurple is getting re-built. It’ll be like putting a Chevy 350 in a Yugo

5 Likes

I saw Yugo once at an autocross in Mi, that has 2 Cadillac North Star V8’s in it. It had the fastest time of the day on the track hitting 6 cones. With a penalty of 6 seconds. It was bad ass.

5 Likes

Is the fan loud? You can probably find a better one on Amazon for +/-$10.

How fancy do you wanna get? 280mm strips will fit. You could get a piece of aluminum to match the factory pcb and transfer the heatsink to that. Then we could probably just about fill it from one side to the other with strips.

I could probably dial something up with cobs too. 700ma very workable current. Do you have a plan for this light? Veg, flower, do all utility fixture?

1 Like

I Would like a utility light . 3500k with some red? I’d like to use it for veg and flower . I’m new to diy so easier the better. Fan isn’t very loud either

2 Likes

There was next to nothing available in 280mm strips with 660’s last time I looked. Cutter has one that will work. Let me crunch some numbers

1 Like

I’m full of $hit. Samsung horticulture modules have 660nm in them and are available in 280mm. Only problem is, what does your budget look like?

1 Like

Could he wire a few of the Cree 660 Solderless LED in series in lieu of one strip? And mount them directly to the aluminum?

1 Like

Ya. That’s not exactly easy DIY though. It was only way 5 years ago, kinda for the dawgs now lol.

Cutter has easy solution, not exactly cheap either. But one strip with a handful of f series or something would fit the bill. I would like to do something with eb gen3, super cheap for amount of performance. They’re just too wide to fit this little piece.

1 Like

Throw some numbers at me. I mean I paid 80 bucks for this POS. I’ll gladly pay for a decent light

2 Likes

Redemption is priceless.

4 Likes

The 12" Samsung strips are $27 each. Depending on how much real estate you need on plate to fit in case, you can maybe fit 2 of them, and then go with a few of something else that’s really thin. Problem is they are 41mm wide and only eat up about 21 volts. So you could technically squeeze 4 on there, but you wouldn’t clear minimum driver voltage.

The 280mm strip from cutter is 36v. Its only 20mm wide and all red leds. So you could do one of those strips and then fill with a bunch of white strips that will be significantly cheaper. Or do 1 red strip and 4 cobs maybe. This is probably what will get you best bang for your buck if you want reds.

1 Like

So the 4 cobs and and a red strip. Which ones do I buy?

2 Likes

I was just looking at options there, not sure it will work. The cobs are all gonna be 36v nominal, just like the strip. That will max out your driver voltage without having room for the fan.

Let me do some more digging and try to get back to you tomorrow.

1 Like

Can the fan be omitted?

Not in the case. If we went with strips and wasn’t in the case I would say without a doubt. I’m kinda half assed wondering if there is space we could add a small power supply for the fan?

1 Like