Blurple Buyer’s Support Group

I’m right there with you @bulldognuts, we spent the money on them and they do work great for seeds and earily veg. I have 4 vip’s that I use for veg. Two 300’s and two 450’s. I didn’t see the point of spending big bucks for something that I would just have to turn way down for young plants.

One day I plan to replace the 4 mars lights I have with diy light builds. I already built one with the help of @dbrn32. Thought I was making a 320 watt light turns out it is closer to 400.I

4 Likes

I’m putting final touches on my Macgyver’d blurple. I’m using a rgb strip lights on a “red” square. I bought the end connectors to assemble them to fit between the little bubble LEDs. The strips have sticky tape on the back and a layer of clear silicone over the LEDs. I’ve got a 5amp 12V AC adapter and I can’t look at it directly when just the strips are lit. The original red light is still working and it was never even hot but this setup will leave blisters on your skin from the back of the strips now. I have enough length to do two of the reds but I ran out of connections so I have to wait, to daisy chain them together and spread out the power of the adapter. It’s just a little too hot and I’m unsure of how to wire in a ventilation fan. I’ve got a couple of cooling fans from old computers that’ll run off a USB phone charger but that’s more soldering or another cord looking for rare outlets. :neutral_face: What? No. I don’t have a “problem” with blurples :roll_eyes: ps, the grounded plugs have no ground connections inside the light :smile:

2 Likes

Not surprised.

1 Like

@dbrn32 I have a quick question about lights. Hypothetical because I’m thinking about buying, or making a grow tent/box. If you dont wanna answer, it’s all good. Lol.

Mainly just wondering if I got a tent, I wanted to get a tent big enough for 2 plants, in flower. I know different lights and amounts are better in certain stages. So let’s say hypothetically i had a tent all set up big enough for 2 plants, i wanted to spread the cycles out so one plant would be in flower and one in veg so when I harvested I would have one going into flower. And out of the tent I would sprout with my little crappy lights cuz they sorta work for that. Could I have the 2 in the tent together and they both still do well under the same kind of lights. I know the light cycles themselves should differ, but besides that, if I had say 2 hlg 65 4000k and one of their bigger 3000k or 4000k 150$ ones or the 200$ board with the dimmer. Could I do that? Or would it not be good for one of the plants since they’re in different stages?

So would you be vegging on 12/12 schedule? Or are you doing autos?

No. I’m doing autos. The hours aren’t part of the question as I’ve said. I’d probably keep them on 18/6 the entire time. If needed to switch to a 12/12 I could bring the veg plant out into the sun and schedule around that so it’s in the tent while the light is on or whatever. Just wondering if the lights could be used and not changed the entire cycle and be fine I guess is a better way to ask? Because I know if you can afford it, it’s betterto have lights that dim, and different kinds(3000k,4000k, for example) where they say more red or more blue for cycles. So I’m curious about this to help determine the size of tent I might buy, or box I may build. And to help improve my ladies best I can in the future.

If you went with a 2x4 tent, you could use 1-hlg 65 4000k for the vegging plant and the hlg 135 3000k for the flower side. You may have some blue from the 65 seep over to the flower size but it won’t hurt anything. You could flower under 4000k if you really wanted to but you’ll have better results with a 3000k spectrum.

2 Likes

So the 3000k is better for flower and 4000k is better for veg? And thank you for answering!

Correct. 4000k has more blue spectrum which is good for veg and 3000k more red for flowering. You can even veg under 3000k. My original hlg 135’s were 3000k and I used them for the whole plant cycle.

1 Like

I want to change my blurple for the 260W QB V2 RSPEC LED KIT. I want to use the HLG 260 for flowering. Good idea? Also, the assembled kit is sold out… I’m guessing that means I have to assemble it my self. Is that hard? Thanks!

Cool. Cuz for now I have to use the 65 4000k and the lights I have for the whole cycle. The one light I have has switches though for different cycles. So that may help a tad bit I guess right now. I’m using it as a side light and the hlg will be above.

1 Like

They’re real simple to put together.

3 Likes

Thanks! I just bought it!

2 Likes

You’ll love it

2 Likes

I think Bobbydigital had a great suggestion.

2 Likes

What soil is better coco loco or happy frog?

Coco loco isn’t even soil. It has no nutrients in it. You’ll have to read up on Coco growing if you use that. Happy frog is a good soil with about two weeks worth of nutrients in it.

Real coco this is correct. Coco loco isn’t pure coco. It has amendments and should be treated like soil. For your question @Grizz718, I haven’t used either so I couldn’t say which is better. Happy frog is much more popular.

2 Likes

Just going to leave this here again. To help those on a budget that don’t want blurples, I have the same one, and I love it. Its in my 3x3.

4 Likes

This is the soil I’m talking about