Blurple Buyer’s Support Group

Hi, my name is Jungle, and I fell for the burple sales pitches. Here’s my story.

While I was in the the early processes of buying what I needed for my first grow, I stumbled upon a nearby CBD farm that was packing it up and auctioning off their equipment … including lots of 5 of “1200W lights” (King Plus 1200).

At auction inspection day, I went out to the farm and looked at them. They’d been used for one season, and they had ~50 of them. One of the growers was there showing people around, and he explained that each one was good for a 4x4 area or so, but they need to be very close to the plants. In retrospect, this might be one of the reasons they were going out of business.

In any case, I found the identical light on Bezos’ site for $108 ea. So I bid $200 for a lot of 5 lights, figuring I might get lucky. Turns out I did get lucky – each lot of those lights sold for >$450 (plus 15% buyers premium, they paid more than they were available for new
Still clueless, I bought two of the lights on Amazon. Luckily, I had a clone fall into my lap and I started growing with one of the two lights. At some point I started asking questions … and @Myfriendis410 was kind to me, explaining

So, lickity split I returned the unopened and unneeded blurple. After some research, I’m very happy with my HLG 320 v2 xl rspec. I’ll probably add another one during the next grow.

For now, the blurple sits in a box in a closet underneath a novelty plastic pile of dog poo.

But a nagging question: All of the buyers who paid ~$100 per blurple, used, in quantity=5… are they the guys who are growing crappy weed they give away with purchase of a $80 sticker?

Anyhoo, thanks to the gurus @Myfriendis410 and @dbrn32.

4 Likes