Blurple Buyer’s Support Group

How many plants can u flower in a 10x10?

Hi Cody. Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the group.

2 Likes

i am following this page and laughing this is hysterical! i keep putting blurple in search so i can find it. thanks for the laugh!

4 Likes

Hello @NeoGroR,
I have been reading through some of the support group threads and came up this one. I am a new grower and have already got some girls on the grow. After much reading and research I took the plunge and also purchased the blurple lights!
new lights full spec|447x324
Now I feel like a total wally.
I have a grow journal and I was given a lot of advice and, @dbrn32 had suggest the best way forward for lighting. Budget woes and then the finance officer said “if you need them buy them”. So off to amazon and presto, there here. I do not feel bad but mislead as per the reviews.
I am in AU downunder and so many systems available that my head was hurting. LOL. At the moment they will have to do until new lights arrive one day. Are these any good for starters?
new grow lights
As a new grower, I am learning the hard way but that’s ok. Retired from military and need my own medicine that’s all. Great post by the way.
Happy Growing

3 Likes

Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing. Your new light will grow some good weed. Be careful with your temps. Your space is going to heat up fast! Look on eBay for “cool tube reflectors” those will help tremendously.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Silverback and I am too recovering from blurple abuse.

It all started when I moved home to a non permissive state. Can’t go without my bud, and nowhere to safely grow outdoors. I was looking into growing indoors when, via a website named for a South American River, i met a fellow named Jeff b. Jeff told me of all the benefits of going blurple. I did it and it was great… at first. For the first 6 weeks I was tickled, plants grew fine. Until flower when the issues really presented themselves. Thanks to my sponsor @dbrn32 I was able to find hlg and move on.

Now can we start a thread about my early clay pot addiction, or how I had a debilitating water addiction that resulted in me drowning more than I smoked from the first few grows. Sheesh I have been addicted to lots of dumbassery over the years… don’t get me started on gluten…

3 Likes

Hi @Silverback, Welcome to the group! Thank you for sharing. We’re happy to hear that you’re in Blurple recovery. If you feel the need to share your Clay Pot or Gluten(wtf?) experience we’ll be here to lend an ear and offer support.

dbrn32 is a Saint. This really should be his thread. He’s so willing to help. Did you you happen to see he can offer blurple redemption? He’ll help you remove the bad parts of a blurple and install quality. I’m gonna do it as soon as my HLG Veg light comes in.

3 Likes

Yep. I saw that. I got a 550, I have a 260 on the way. After that I gotta build a seedling station. After all that I’m gonna look at a retrofit of my blurples.

Just one more leach attached to my wallet courtesy of all my stoner buddies here at the ilgm forum!!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

My name is cicada and I to have fallen victim to the notorious blurple. It all started when i found a 1000w blurple on amazon. I purchased it thinking all of my issues were solved and soon my plants would be 6ft tall and yield 2oz per watt. Turns out my dreams were shattered when I joined the forums here and realized that i too was a victim.

I have since donated my blurple to blurples anonymous and purchased a real light. We can get through this together team.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group, Cicada. Thank you for sharing. We are all in this together.

3 Likes

Hi my name is Jackie.
I am not nor ever have been a user of the blurple demon. I was however forever changed by it’s hellish hue one fateful night a few months ago.

This life changing encounter happened late one evening. After enjoying several hours of console video gaming as I have been known to do on occasion I decided to retire to the bedroom. I went to the kitchen and prepared a bed time snack and a nice cup of sleepy time tea and honey. One of my favorites.
I inquired from the top of the stairs to the wife if she would care for anything from the kitchen. No response. Once again I asked if she would like anything. Nothing. “She must be asleep already” I mumbled to myself. I grabbed my tea, a few biscuits and a bottle of water. At this point the dogs had come to greet me in the kitchen as the do this time of night knowing it snack time for them. As we started making our way down the stairs I could feel something was not right but I wasn’t sure what it was. As I neared the bottom of the stairs I called out for my wife again hoping for a response. I was greeted with silence. Somethings not right I thought.

I proceeded to the bottom of the stairs with caution as I was trying to carry hot tea and several other items along with two dogs under foot. The bedroom completely dark aside from the glow of the television. My wife not in bed sleeping as I thought. “Oh she must be in the bathroom you dummie” I said to myself. I sat the tea and biscuits down and turned to the bathroom. That’s when I first saw it.
A glow from under the door. Purple I will call it.
I made my way to the door and threw it open. I will never forget that moment. Images in time forever etched into my memory. I was instantly blinded. I shielded my eyes from this unknown horror. I called out to my wife, “whats happening!?” I yelled. When my eyes finally started to adjusted to the hellish purple brilliance. I could vaguely make out an image.
It was my wife holding something. Then I saw it. To my horror there she stood A small potted plant in one hand and what I call the purple demon in the other. A small blurple light she had purchased at walmart and a sickly looking cannabis plant she was given by a friend.

I asked her wtf was going on. Turns out he got the plant, a herm from a friend and bought a light from the store thinking she could grow it. Thats not going to work out I said. That is when we discussed getting our licenses for cannabis in our state and the start of me researching growing cannabis for my wifes medical condition.

That horrific moment in time led me here to ILGM and this forums where we are learning to do things the right way. Here we learned that as enticing as they make the blurple seem it is all lies. They just want to get you hooked with big power numbers, low prices and fancy colored lights. :rofl:

4 Likes

Welcome to the group, Jackie. Thanks for sharing. Good thing you’re going to have a bunch of good weed for your PTSD you’re going to after that horrific event! Count your blessings my friend, you made it.

2 Likes

First draft on the steps to Blurple recovery. Your input is invited.

Step one:

Realization that you bought a blurple. This will come at a personal cost. Being that your personal growth as a grower will lead you to this fact, you must take ownership and freely admit you fell victim, as many others have, to crude marketing, deception and manipulation.

Step Two:

Find hope. This step involves finding the path of redemption you want to take. Be it HID or LED a decision needs to be made.

Step Three:
Take inventory. After you decide the path you’ll take to grow fat buds, you need to assess your capabilities and logistics.

Step Four:
Share your inventory. Share what you have, what your path of redemption will be. Invite others to follow.

Step Five:
Become ready. This step takes some diligence and financial support. It’s time to acquire good lighting. Search Craigslist for a cheap old HID ballasts, buy a new HID ballast or if the circumstances are right, buy your girls a new high quality LED lamp. Then, Turn on your new lighting and bask in it’s glory.

Step 6: List amends. Write out a list of everyone you have gave crappy fluffy weed to.

Step 7: Help others. When growers realize that have a Blurple problem, offer your help and support. Share what you have learned and point them in the right direction.

Step 8: Make amends. Share your dense and impressive buds with your friends for a full feeling of redemption.

2 Likes

Hi I’m Registered user and I was a blurpaholic. I read through so many reviews and they all said how happy I would be using blurple lights. I got my lights and was so excited to open them up and start using them but I felt I couldn’t let anyone know so I snuck away to a concealed area of my house and proceeded to see what this was all about. I opened the first box and was immediately awestruck with the white powdercoated housing and the glass face not to mention the impressive cooling fans and “two” count them two switches that would make all my sorrows disappear. I still remember the first time I plugged that light in and turned it on, the high was incredible. It was soon after that moment that I realized whenever I turned that light on the high wasn’t as good as the first time. Fortunately I quickly realized the damage that this could do to myself and my friends and family. I realized I needed help and thanks to the wonderful support group of this forum I was able to find my way again. I had no choice I needed to quit so I went cold turkey. I purchased a real LED light. I was afraid…afraid that it would be too hard to stop the blurple beast. Thankfully when I plugged in my new LED I felt that first time high again I couldn’t believe anything could replace that feeling. Now into my second grow I no longer feel the dependency of the blurple light. I hope that this confession can help others suffering blurpaholism and recover from this debilitating affliction.

2 Likes

Amen, Grower! Thank you for sharing that. Welcome to the group! This world is a better place because of strong people like you.

2 Likes

My old dealer is up to his old tricks again. I say NO! Mr. bezos I’m off that sh*t now

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Damn you Jeff Bezos!!!

3 Likes

UL Certified? It’s gotta be legit!

3 Likes

I’m totally down with Blurple redemption, let’s start another thread for that.

3 Likes

Agreed. Who do we have to page to split this thing ?

1 Like