Bluelab ph pen users plz help me

What do u do w the solutions to store them like what do u keep them in? and reuse them? 4.0,7.0 and 27.7 storage solution. Once you use em, they say they all only last like 3 months so how much do u budget these? Small packs, 250ml or 500 ml bottles? I only will have 5 plants at a time so I probably dont need much right? and how do u store em? In their YouTube vid they show some lil jars without lids but can u put these in a small mason jar then put a lid on em and label em to reuse them in the jars?

1 Like

I add a few drops of KCL in the cap, there is a little rubber boot that seals on the bulb. (make sure you buy theirs or one with no water added.)
4 and 7 are your calibration solutions and every 30 days the “checkmark” will disappear reminding you to recalibrate.
I use a couple small jars about 1 oz or so, and reuse them a few times as long as I am careful not to contaminate them. Its just part of the consumables if you want accuracy.
They say that the PH pens are good for 18 months, I just replaced one of mine it was 7 years old, I accidentally contaminated the bulb with proteins from beer brewing(drinking was involved). I have 2, and yes I have the 500ml of calibration and 120KCL - this one doesn’t have a indefinate shelf life.

3 Likes

Forgot to add, before first use, you need to soak/hydrate the bulb in KCL solution for 24 hours per mfr. This is dependent on how long it sat on a shelf and Mfr date, 4-6 hours you should be able to calibrate and use if its emergency need, as it is going to spend most of its life with a few drops of KCL in the storage cap.

1 Like