Blueberry... they died

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971 but can apply to both in a way I hope :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Was just making sure you where looking at right pictures bud
I think what you stated was accurate tho

1 Like

And I obviously wasn’t I actually deleted my whole post but I figured there’d be some info in there for Both of them just in case so I decided to keep it on thanks buddy Didn’t even notice thanks for pointing it out

1 Like

That is a bummer Alfred
I germ my seeds in open air I would not cover em like that either or as was mentioned punch a whole in the top
I had the auto mix pack and had issues with the amnesia haze , my fault.
The bb and nl autos , especially the bb they are lil growers man!!
It was also 110*f outside I went from the glass of water for 24 hrs and popped em in thier forever 7 gallon dirt home and all are thriving out doors
Sucks you are having these issues
Dont give up on ilgm genetics from one bad experience

@garrigan62
Strain; Type, Blueberry Auto

Soil In Pots in seedling soil

System Type? Not sure what you mean. I have a 2x4 grow tent with a 400 watt sodium light, which I use once the plants are big enough.

Ph of run off was 6

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds I don’t use them on seedlings.

Indoor Or Outdoor Indoor

Light System, Size? Currently using a T5. It’s a two footer. I also have a 400 watt grow sodium grow light.

Temps; 75-85 during the day around 78 at night

Humidity; ranges from 40-60

Ventilation System; I do have a vent with an exhaust fan, but I didn’t use it for the seedlings.

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,NA

Co2; No. I don’t understand this much. Do you mean is there Co2 in the grow room?

garrigan the other thing you should know is that when I grew bagseed I never had a problem, and I used the same materials: seedling soil, T5 light, but I didn’t grow the seedlings in the grow tent as it was warm outside, Took the dome off this morning and misted them just now. I would’ve gotten right back at you, but I was at work. Believe me I would love some help because I have made several attempts and failed and cannot figure it for the life of me.

@Growit Here’s the thing. I haven’t quit, but I can’t figure it out. Also. I followed Robert’s seedling grow directions, and they still died. I had better luck with bag seed. However, if I can get some help I’ll be buying every seed from ILGM.

@Alfred

Take out that 400 watt grow sodium grow light. You already have the t5s i’d say that is most of your problem.
The 2nd would be your soil. You say it’s the same but sorry not happening. Your soil will always differ if your using the same soil over and over again. and yousay your using seedling soil, ok whats the npk of that soil ?

willjoint

1 Like

@garrigan62 I’m not using the 400 watt, and I indicated that; I wrote that I only use it once the plants have reached a certain height… I am also not using the same soil over and over again. I meant that it is the same soil as in from the same brand. I use fresh soil every time I plant. The seedling soil is 60-70% peat moss, coir pith and lime for ph. There isn’t an npk on the bag, but it is Jiffy Organic Seedling Mix.

I hope you do get the help u need
Happy growing , despite the challenges keep on goin buddy​:+1:t3::+1:t3:
I feel for ya bummer dude

that’s pretty warm I could picture that being even warmer inside a covered dome? sprouts are pretty sensitive to temperature I typically keep my seedlings on my router they sit at around 72f night and day and it’s very important seedlings get some night IMO but to each their own. I would suggest keeping seedlings under 80F where possible they don’t have the root structure developed enough to provide them adequate moisture and cooling since RH is relevant humidity it is also based on temps the ideal being 72-76f a 40% rh at 85f kills most seedlings fast and some strains are far more finicky

1 Like

@Donaldj I will turn the temperature down, but I have had trouble controlling the heat this fall. Also, I read that marijuana seedlings can handle temperature ranges from 75-90. I am giving them six hours of night, which is contrary to what Bergman suggests.Thanks for the input because I put it into effect immediately. The temperature is not sitting at 74, and it had a high of 78 yesterday.

1 Like

I killed 2 blueberry autos by putting them directly into my own supersoil mix that’s heavy on FFOF. I found that if I put 1" of peat for them to start in, they took off once the roots hit my supersoil.

1 Like

You nailed it in my mind. The Everglade’s muck in my mix is most probable the culprit. I have been running around in my mind on this issue, and you solved it.
Greatfully,
S.Florida Swamp Man