Blueberry regular seeds

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower I see there are many forms of Blueberry from DJ Smart. The ones I have coming are the “Original Blueberry” seeds. I am excited to see what comes out of them. Any tips on growing Blueberry?

3 Likes

If it hasn’t been crossed with anything, should be like f4 or f5?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I asked if it was f4 seeds and he said no it is the original blueberry.

The seed packet says:

DJ Short Seeds – Blueberry
(Highland Thai x Afgani Indica)
Indica: 80/20
THC:18-22%
Flower Cycle: 45-55 Days
Yield: Average

I bought it from a company listed as a supplier on the DJ Short website.

2 Likes

The f5 is listed as “original blueberry” and it’s the only blueberry even DJ short has listed as available.

3 Likes

So is that a good thing? Any growing advise?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Yes the one listed on his site as f5 original blueberry is the one I have coming.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen one in a few years. Run it when you can keep humidity low in late flower.

4 Likes

Seeds shipped :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Also just ordered some IGLM Blueberry feminized with the 10+10 Memorial day sale :grinning:

1 Like

Stress is over, for now, the DJ Short Blueberry seeds (regular) came today. A new vendor and first time so there in lies the stress. But now they are here so awaiting the 10+10 ILGM Blueberry (fem) seeds and then grow some Blueberries.

4 Likes

@RAP it would be interesting to see the difference between the two breeders in phenotypes and smell.
You intend to grow both at the same time?

3 Likes

I am thinking so right now. The DJ Short Blueberries are regular. I wanted some of his to use for breeding. I dont know how many to start with as there can be a couple or more possible phenos and I want at least 1 male. I was thinking that growing 2-4 of the IGLM Blueberries females I may get a nice pheno there also to x with a male of the Original DJ Short BB. Then I would have a bunch of seeds to play with and I also want to x DJ’s male x fem for more seeds to play.

I am open to any and all suggestions. I also have IGLM SS and DP regulars going right now.

2 Likes

I would attempt to grow and breed the DJ Short seeds. As they’re the originals. If you do 5 regulars, you should get enough males and females. Maybe someone else will chime in for input on this as well.

2 Likes

Following this for sure blueberry is a fav! Have a cart of dj shorts blueberry private stash from my trip to Vegas!

4 Likes

How do you tell if a seed is f4 or f5 ?

1 Like

You don’t really, not unless the breeder tells you.

1 Like

:wink: thanks Bro now can you help me on my other question ?

1 Like

What is the other question?

1 Like

i posted a new topic titled can’t figure out her age ?

1 Like

You can’t really look at a plant and tell its age. There’s all kinds of variables that could cause a mature plant to be small, or a relatively young plant to be big. A photo plant showing pre flowers on veg schedule you can assume is several weeks old. What is the context of why you’re asking?

2 Likes