Blueberry questions from swampland USA

where do I start?

@S.FloridaSwampman May I ask what the red flowers are?

How long have those plants been flowering? As in What date. (Not the red ones, the MJ plants)

With the short periods of daylight you will need to grow autoflowering plants. Blueberry come is Auto as do many others

Hope this helps?

I’ll tell you if you show me how to add a picture to my posts

@fever you can drag and drop a pic, or you can upload, using the up arrow thing in the reply (7th icon from the left in reply box)…

@bob31 could be plastic/fake ones on there to disquise his grow. I have never seen it natural before with those…

1 Like

I know they have some different stuff growing in FLA so… they looked plastic to me, but i couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

Needs a plastic pink Flamingo!

3 Likes

Actually a brilliant idea, I may try this next year, surprised I haven’t seen it before on any of the forums I read…

3 Likes

I think I figured it out, but I am not positive. Your help was instrumental in figuring it out. I am greatfully there are people who still have ethics/morals. I was lost in technology, so you take the time to help a noron like me.
Thank you,
SFSM

Bob,
I don’t know where to begin to have to type to your text qupte," Where do I Start". I purchased the fruity mix pack because I have been growing Oaxican Colas for 31years, and with technology I ordered the autoflowering Fruity mix pack. I grew all, yet no luck with blueberry. A genius retorted about this very topic, and I think he nailed it. I purchased them in late july, and started germination ASAP. With auto flowers from what I read works. I usd them not to auto flower on the plant’s time, yet on mine. I let them get sun, water, photosynthesis happened, and I let my kitchen noght light shine on them throughout the night till I awake/sunrises. I did this because our 12-12 whoch start to reduce daily isn’t till the end of September 28 if my recollection os correct. I did let some auto so I didn’t have to pay for it, but I am broke down, stubborn, and compulsive. Look at the stick picture of the one pineapple I posted. A picture tells a thousand words. The Strawberry was amazing, and I will forward that pic if you like. I am a Florida Native, and at 46 that’s actually amazing, so i dont put pink flamingos in my yard. That’s the trsiler parks/homes of Snow Birds. The red things placed on the plants are fabric red flowers that resembles the Poinsettia. I do this so prying eyes from above don’t pester me, In addition, it keeps preying eyes off. It may look dumb up close, yet scoot them into the middle of two acres of land. WALA.!!!

4 Likes

No sweat at all man more than happy to help man I am glad you got it figured out man awesome I am replying via email but tomorrow I will jump on the forum and check on how its goin

you naied it they are cloth flowers that kinda resemble a plant down here, and it keeps the helicopters from bothering me. Furthermore, at a distance from the outer edges of two acres it keeps my neighbors happy too. It’s what left of the autoflowering Fruity mix pack. I ordered the seeds at the end of July, furthermore, planting Asap. I let the muck mix, FL. Sun, and a kitchen light at night keep them in veg for various lengths of time. I planted the durban poison too because I figured it would grow fast before our 12-12 decline in daylight. Our equinox was on the 28th of September. The earliest I had to bring inside, and take out in the morning to give it more darkness for the buds to develop adequately. I can send a pic of the strawberry I harvested. Thanks

The red flowers are disguising the Air, and anyone’s eye’s in the center of a two acre lot/ residence. It’s amazing how a cloth clower, NOT PLASTIC, can save you time after time.
P.S. Plastic can put off a shine/glimmer giving you away!!! I hope this helped

3 Likes

Pink Flamingos are for snowbirds in their lawn. I love to see a group of flamino’s foraging, yet Native Floridian’s usually don’t. That’s may be a hasty generalization. Kinda like people from Florida are Dumb Rednecks…

1 Like

@S.FloridaSwampman Well said on all accounts and thanks for clarifying on the flowers.

Sorry to hear you had issues with the Blueberry. Let’s talk about that some.

So what happened?

1 Like

I grew up in Florida my friend. When I built my first house there a friend snuck out on the evening before we moved in and planted a couple of dozen damn pink flamingos in the front yard :joy: Luckily, she didn’t get caught stealing the dang things from the snowbirds. So I meant no offense but was referring to the fact that us Crackers tune out those plastic birds thus added camouflage!

1 Like

I should have kept scrolling :joy:. I’m extremely proud of being a Redneck woman from Florida!

2 Likes

Im in sw fla right now ill tell tou what aren’t many red necks left diwn on this side lol maybe a little farther aound in the everglades hahha
Seens ti me the locals have been run out of town
And im a hick from up north my self
I had a pickup when they wherent cool to drive haha

1 Like

There’s more there than you know :rofl:. I’m also fond of the old smuggler families many I knew well. The best and I mean the BEST smoked mullet, mackerel, etc can be found only cooked by “natives”!

1 Like

@SmoknGranny i think its sad actually because as the natives leave so does the culture that drew somany may down to begin with
Just my feeling about it
As more outside people relocte the face of a area changes as well
Im sure there are lot od natives but your being out numbered fast

2 Likes

I would like to clarify to all who read my retort to the camouflage red flowers I am not a hater in any aspects of life/mind, and put in the wrong place at the wrong time color, sect, nor origin means angthing. I was raised to respect all including saying Sir/Mam to everyone. If I offended anyone, then you have taken it out of context. I ehunt/eat alligator, froglegs, and surfing has been my life’s passion. Please don’t peg me by a few sentences. I placed the blueberry seeds in between wet paper towels, and they all opened, so I put them in my soil concoction. I use black muck during the life of the growth, but I use much more during vegitation growth, and when I am ready to set off the budding phase I lower the muck stantially. I read a post, so he wrote about starting seeds in seeding soil. I am not demeaning anyone, yet someone may not know what’s “Everglades Muck”. It is BLACK soil that is very enriched with dead plant matter; furthermore, it’s actually greasy even dryed out. I am greatfull for your time, support, and other writers for their help. Bob, I am happy that by luck you responded because you have neen very patient with me. You are a rarity amongst the vast majority.
Greatfully/Respectfully,
S.F.SWAMPMAN

2 Likes