Blueberry one w/ pink flowers & the rest with mostly white

I have seven Blueberry plants growing outdoors & one of the seven has bright pink flowers,it is the one that also to happen to germinated 1st & it quickly became the biggest, the rest of the plants flower’s are mostly white, I think I see a little pink on some of the tips, but not that much at all. At least not as much color to even look like the same strain; and on a couple the flowers are just plain white. Four of the seven plants are 18 days younger, but all have been outside for months since they were seedlings.

Started feeding for flower on Aug, 8th as needed & within a couple of days all of the plants were switched over to Bloom nutrients. Two of the first three seedlings were under size & have been more in step w/ the other four that were started 18 days later & all of those are white too.

1 Like

Good afternoon and welcome @Morningstar_Farms some pictures will assist experienced community members to assist you better

Also a support ticket may be useful

Stay safe

1 Like

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

This was really a simple question on why two colors of flowers for the same strain, not a problem. One plant is pink in color the rest white… mostly; a little pink on a few, but very little.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed, Blueberry from ILOVETOGROW
  • Method: Organic soil,
  • Vessels: Soft pots placed in the ground, 15 gallons,
  • Ph 6-7
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable D/K
  • Outdoor
  • Light system, na
  • Temps; Day, Night 70-78, 42-48 & getting colder
  • Humidity; Day, night 30-40/50-60
  • Ventilation system; na
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, na
  • Co2; No

Pictures tell a thousand words. Welcome to the forum great people around to help you.

Sorry for no photo, but my cheap phone won’t take a quality close up photo. But at this point in flower I can share this much, first of all grow is outside 100% organic & I made my own soil, with seasoned horse & chicken manure & amendments & I had no pest problems. I got the mix berry pack, Strawberry cough, Blackberry & Blueberry.

My Strawberries are strong & really thick for a sativa dominate strain; they are also very stable & 4 plants all are similar. Same can be said about the quality of my Blackberries, but only 2 of the total of 10 seeds made it past germination. ilovetogrow replaced bad seeds, including second batch, no complaints, lost some grow time & have some undersized plants, but more on that later. The 2 Blackberry plants are also very stable look similar & as are swollen, as expected for an Indica dominate strain.

But the Blueberries are not stable at all, it looks like I got three different variations of the strain. One plant has pink flowers, it’s also the only one of the first batch of seeds to make it to full size. It started out with big fat Indica type leafs & right before flower they changed to skinnier sativa looking leafs & flowers were pink. The second seed was a runt that I would have normally discarded, but lack of success of those first 5 seeds cause me to keep it; & it’s smaller but more Indica like in swelling & leafs???

Here is where it gets interesting, of the 7 Blueberries, it looks like 1st & biggest plant is around 50/50 Indy/Sat, looking at flowers & leafs. Three appear to be around 60-70/20-30 I/S & 3 plants look like Indy dominate around 80%; Those were also the smallest, two were the runts that I’m glad I kept, which makes some sense since Indicas would be shorter & Sativas taller. Flowering time is also falling in line with this reasoning.

The oldest & biggest plant the 50/50ish one, flowered 2 weeks before anything else & is 18 days older but is going to finish last!

1 Like