Blueberry not purple

Hi I am growing a blueberry this crop and it’s not very purple is there anything I should be doing to bring it out more or do they just get more purple in the last week of flowering

Please fill this out
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like

From what I have read the temp needs to be cooler at night to bring out the colors. I have been wanting to do a grow that has a lot of color also

3 Likes

some say ice water flush and as said above, cold at night. 78 day time and -60 at night.

• not negative 60. under 60 is what i meant
1 Like

Would like to see support ticket filled out please.

Please fill this out

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed ,( blueberry )
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, , Aquaponics, KNF, (Coco perlite mix)
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths 48l pro pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable). (6.4)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable. N/a atm flushing
  • Indoor or Outdoor indoor
  • Light system gavita hps 750w set at 600w
  • Temps; Day, Night. 26 day 16 night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes 8 “
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, airconditioned
  • Co2; Yes, No yes

That temp is Celsius so around 60 at night and 75-78 during the day

How do I do an ice flush we have had some cool nights at 0- -4 deg Celsius but spring is quickly approaching so I think the cooler nights are over but the ac and ducting keeps the temperature at whatever I want it to be any help is greatly appreciated

I have heard that more acidic water will bring out the plants colors as well.

1 Like

Ice baths are going to be done around once ever 3 days. And you want to fill the top of the pot with ice around 30 minutes BEFORE lights out.

1 Like

I’m growing super skunk as well if I drop the ph will it affect them I’m in the last two weeks so I’m only flushing now will drop it a little atry the ice at night thanks everyone

1 Like

Doesn’t getting your plants into senescence start to bring those colors out @dbrn32

Me too perry I only did this one indoor and another couple outdoor the outdoors are a little further behind but was disappointed with the plant size it’s half the size of the rest and will yield only 4-5 oz but it’s got some nice looking buds

Sometimes. Some plants will just do it naturally, and sometimes doesn’t really matter what you do they don’t want to change colors.

7 Likes

I only have 5 plants under my belt so far myself and they were all indoors. My last plant I got 6oz from so I’ll be good on smoke till my next harvest this winter. My plan is to reset up both tents and build another light for my veg tent

i have heard do not add ice on top at this point. you do not want moisture sitting on top of the soil at a time when mold is one of the biggest concerns. this is only from research and not experience.

1 Like

Sometimes the just don’t do it. I grew 5 fast bud blackberry plants and two of them were the greenest green I’ve ever seen. Also the bigger yielders.

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking this might be the same I’ve dropped the ph down a bit but I’m scared about mould this close to the end so I think I’ll skip the icing at night
Thanks everyone for all your input

Ice baths at night will increase trichrome production and you will have some frosty goodness. I have never been able to get colors to pop with cooler temps, I think a member here was manipulating PH and getting awesome colors.

2 Likes

I was experimenting with cool temps, and yes it brought out some gorgeous results.

My pH was “relatively” stable. Fluctuating between 6.4-6.7, finishing up around ph7.0

2 Likes