Blueberry autoflower!:]

hows it looking? I’m a little worried because the leaves are growing so close together. I was using both the led and red light but recently turned off the red since I read it doesnt help much during the early stages of the plant. Thanks :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

How far away is your light? You may try raising it some to get her to stretch some more

1 Like

About 14 inches away, I think I have to move the filter😓 it’s a little large and up top. I raised the light to about 22inch for now

2 Likes

See if that helps some!

1 Like

Thanks appreciate it👍

1 Like

Your more than welcome

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thank you! Happy to be here☺️

1 Like

I have three blueberry autos close to finishing. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots filled with amended fox farm ocean forest. They are compact with tight spacing between nodes. The shortest is only 16" while the other 2 are just over 22". So, I think what you are seeing is normal for blueberry strain. They are 12 weeks old and today I removed a bunch of fan leaves to open up the plant for air and light. One is as wide as she is tall and this is probably the 3rd time I had to remove excess leaves. Here she is just before her trim

. You can see how dense she is.
In the space I start / veg I use 2 low end LEDs with a combined draw at the wall of around 280 watts. I start them on veg. mode for first couple weeks then turn on the bloom too. I don’t know if this practice is good or bad, certainly more expensive, but they seem to like it. The lights are 18 - 20" above the canopy.
I am a newbie and learning - for what it is worth.
Good growing

5 Likes

That’s beautiful I love it! Thank you for the reply. I’ll take a picture soon, mine is already starting too look a little better. I also added a little fan to the mix.

Here are the three BBA’s I have in the flower tent on day 78. The one in the picture I sent you is on the right in the back of the tent.

. What I call #1 is in the foreground and pictured separately. You can see their growth structure is quite varied. An oscillating fan is upper left (just out of frame). Adding a fan is a good idea. Air movement is very important. I also use a small low velocity fan in the veg. space I mentioned.

8 Likes

think shes doing okay? Should I raise the light more? Theres leaves everywhere…shes not very tall …

1 Like

Shes gorgeous though :stuck_out_tongue:

They look healthy and happy. I do not see any light burn. I recommend following mfg. recommendation as to distance. This is a picture of my blueberry autos on day 29. Sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea about height variation between the three.

Here they are individually. They were taken just after moving them to the tent from their vegetative space. During veg, the lights were about 18". Because of the greater intensity of the tent light, I initially set the light at about 34" (Kind 3 XL600 in a 3x3 tent). Today, the light is about 20" above #3.

#1 was 9", #2 6" and #3 was only 3". The pictures I sent you on 2/4 were of #3. She caught up and surpassed her sisters.
These are #1 and 2 on day 85. 1 is also 22" while 2 is only 16"

I am harvesting #1 today, day 88.
What I am try to say and show is there will be physical differences within a strain even though they are grown under essentially identical conditions. Follow recommended practices, and enjoy and learn from your grow experience.

4 Likes

My tents only 3 feet tall, I think I need a larger one for sure! Also here’s a new pic, the one on right hit 3 weeks but I just moved it to a bigger pot… i think it’s pretty sad.

1 Like

You are right about the tent. I went with a Gorilla tent because it was the only one I could find with a 3x3 footprint and 7’ tall. Your plants look good to me. My #3 blueberry was only 3" tall at the beginning of week 5. It is now 22" tall.
I can’t imagine trying to grow your blueberrys to maturity having only 3’. My first grow was white widow auto. Because I did not understand the nutrient feeding schedule, I significantly overfed them (yet they survived) - like 4 tablespoons instead of 3 teaspoons overfed. As a result they were massive. The plants exceeded 50". I used every inch of the tent’s 7’.
To buy yourself some time, is it possible to suspend your exhaust fan above the tent. To start and veg my plants I made a simple PVC pipe frame to suspend the lights. I made it tall enough in case I want to add exhaust fan and enclose the frame.

2 Likes

these will move to a bigger space… I dont know if they’re safe in this little tent lol. Also I made a mistake and thought cutting center in early stage would be good but I think I lost my center coala :sweat: it’s fine I think I learned…

1 Like

I was going to ask if you topped them. I could not identify the apical stem in the pictures. The good thing is you will get multiple main colas. They look great and have recovered nicely from the trim. I’m sure they will enjoy and thrive in their new home. Here are a few pics of what you you can be looking forward to.

5 Likes

Wow… very beautiful work my friend… thank you for the help I will send a picture once they’re moved​:+1::+1::+1:

Thanks. They look like they are just starting to flower. They should grow a lot the next 4-5 weeks. This stage is my favorite (well, actually harvesting is). let me know how they progress.

1 Like