Blueberry auto - foxtailing?

Howdy all. Blueberry autoflower on day 89. Started in fox farm happy frog. Given her fox farm happy frog all purpose nutrients and Jobes organic tomato and vegetable nutrients. Also epsom salt, brewed coffee and molasses.

Real problem is temps on this grow. My basement has been warm this summer and I am struggling to keep in the 90F range with lights on. Fans and homemade cooler air conditioner. She is close to harvest but I was hoping a little longer. Looks to be foxtailing. Chop her or give her a bit longer? My wife likes the body high.

1 Like

I had a WWA that foxtailed so bad it turned everything fluffy and crappy. Some like the foxtailing as it adds weight, it is a heat related issue for sure, I grew mine outdoors so I have no control over weather.

It sucks for sure, I had an entire plant go crappy.

Honestly, your plant looks like a few weeks out.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty hot 90°

1 Like

I know it. I have tried everything I can at this point. If I grow next summer I will need a new plan. Maybe upgrade the exhaust fan.

1 Like

What’s ur temps like outside the room? If u can drop the temps in the space where ur air comming in would be a good fix

1 Like

I think it is in the mid 70s but I have no way to cool a section of the basement. I run 20/4 and lights out the temp drops to around 75.

1 Like

K well u will always have high temps if u cant get the temps down in the basement

Run 12/12 and run them on through the night

2 Likes

This could be an option while they finish up. How bad will this affect my yield?

1 Like

None. I get great yields on those schedules

1 Like

I prefer running on 12/12 when flowering autos. Plus for u will help alot keeping it cool

1 Like

Like stated; turn your day around and go to 12/12 for heat management. The plants won’t mind at all. There are a number of heat management hacks you can do: do a search for d.i.y. ways to lower heat load. (venting the space above the lights may be the single best ‘passive’ way to do that).

Some strains are just prone to foxtails. Most hybrid strains in my experience will foxtail if conditions are right.

1 Like

This has been great information and great support as always. I will adjust my timer later today and hope for a strong finish to this girl.

2 Likes

it looks like harvest time to me, do not delay much longer…your trichomes look amber to me.

1 Like

This is what I thought but you are the first here to say it. I will take a few pics in a couple days to check trichome progress.

I felt the white pistols were do to the foxtails and heat stress.

I guess this is why it is more an art than a science.

1 Like

here is some homework pics for you.:man_farmer:
akbcmww600000 Yum%20Yum%20! harvesting-pistils-3 jojs1v2s000000000000

2 Likes

With the foxtails, you will constantly have new tricomes coming in. So @James68 is right @Ukecandoittoo I saw some amber myself

2 Likes