Blueberry auto first grow journal

Sorry guys,

I have been feeling ill for a week. Perhaps I misread the post.

If you make your own soil by mixing peat, perlite, vermiculite, and sterile dirt. You would have no fertilizer or nutrients in said soil mix. You could use Start for that.

If the soil you buy has had fertilizer added, then you should not use Start. You would probably begin with Grow.

Grow advice. It is too late but, your plants are barely past the sprout stage. They should not have been transplanted into such a big pot without first growing to 4-5 set of alternating nodes (leaf sets) I think you transplanted sprouts directly into FFHF…Right?

Plants should never be given nutrients until they reach the stage of having 4-5 true sets of leaves; So your plant is barely a seedling and should not be given nutrrients for another week or 2.

Peace, lw

3 Likes

Yes that’s correct, I planted them directly into their permanent pots because I thought that would reduce the stress of transplanting them… hopefully they will be ok, but next time I will definitely start them in smaller pots.

1 Like

Ok. Not much new news, but yesterday on 8-3-17 i dug into the soil with a plastic spoon and dropped about 5 earthworms into each pot. These are the 2 girls as of this afternoon after some brief showers.

4 Likes

Not sure that worms will help too much. My understanding is they compost decaying plant matter Wich shouldn’t really be present in your pots. Reading briefly online it says they could even be harmful to young plants root systems.

2 Likes

@Carnako, they dig little tunnels in the soil which the roots tend to follow, and also when they excrete the soil that they eat it is rich in nitrogen which helps with nitrogen fixation and uptake in the root system. I learned about that in college botany. It’s working for me so far , here you be the judge…

6 Likes

That is a healthy plant :wink: @Sharkslayer

1 Like

Pretty cool! Can you still use stuff like fox farm? Or all organic so as not to kill em?
@Sharkslayer

1 Like

I have been using the flower power nutes that I got from ILGM, but I would imagine you could use FF, cause they are in FFHF soil. They are pretty hearty.

2 Likes

Well, here is the latest… if I could just get this damn rain to stop for a couple of days…

8 Likes

I will be following I have 1 blueberry auto @ 1wk today. I’m using FFsoil trio fert do you know when is the best week to start tiger bloom on autos.I also have 1 24k@2wks.

1 Like

1 week old? Or 1 week into flower? And which FF soil? HF or OF?

1 Like

one wk old FF OF Im just getting started a24k auto 2wks old.

No need to start the tiger bloom till she has pre-flowers,or pistols @gldeaton50

2 Likes

@gldeaton50 you won’t need to start those nutes for quite a while. The plant will have everything that it needs until it starts to flower.

1 Like

They look good and healthy to me @Sharkslayer Keep on doing what you are doing and they will take right off one of these days!!

2 Likes

thanks for the info I know on the grow schedule it says to start tiger bloom at week 5 but didn’t know if I should start sooner with an auto, Thanks to all of you for your input,

1 Like

So technically Wednesday would be the 3 week mark, but I just figured “why wait?”, right. So these are the 2 BBA’s and the last one is my NLA’s that I trimmed a bunch of big fan leaves to make a little nicer for flowering. I have not given the BBA’s ANY nutes since my last discussion on the subject and I believe that they are doing better because of it.

6 Likes

Well, I don’t know why the pics got out of order. But I know you guys love pictures.

1 Like

This is my indoor NLA.

8 Likes

Looking great! That nla is stacking up nicely

2 Likes