Blueberry and white widow

It’s making me crazy @kabongster. Average flower is supposed to be 55 days. I’m at 81 and barely an amber trichome in sight. :angry:

3 Likes

I had the same thing with my white widow in my last grow and she took an extra 5 weeks longer so @AnneBonny hang in there

3 Likes

I got my answer @AnneBonny

2 Likes

The amber that’s still cloudy you mean? You must have seen my whining earlier @Screwauger

3 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2nd white widow auto grow

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2nd white widow auto grow

Hello brother, you hit the nail on the head with this comment, the sugar leaves have loads of amber but I was checking the actual buds with my jewelers loop and I’m seeing mostly milky and very few amber do any of you know what that is all about

@Willd @kabongster @Countryboyjvd1971 @peachfuzz @Screwauger @WillyJ

2 Likes

That happened on my first grow, northern lights… I saw amber on leaves… but my buds never turned… I waited and waited…then harvested but I waited too long… should have harvested earlier cause the buds seemed to not want to turn amber… just my experience from first ever grow. I have read that some times amber trichomes don’t happen

2 Likes

Thanks bro, it might be an actual thing if the long term legends in the group want to pitch in @peachfuzz @WillyJ ,it’s just the leaves are the only things I can get pictures of so I wasn’t checking much with my jewelers loop, I’ll have to use it more often I think, appreciate your help @Zombo brother

2 Likes

There have been several folks that have experienced this that I know of. @Rugar89 myself, @bob31 to name a couple. I presume it might be environmental but it could very well be genetic.

My second BBA went quite a bit longer to amber up than BBA1 but, they had entirely different grow lives (transplants, nute probs, dry outs). Hard to say but all cloudy gonna get you good and baked.

Some things I read indicated 100% cloudy is peak potency on most strains but not sure I buy into that completely.

3 Likes

I hear wot your saying that’s why want mostly amber this time, I mean I have amber sugar leaves and milky buds, which should I go by? I don’t wanna do them a week or 2 early when for the sake of a few weeks they would have been that much stronger and nicer smoke

1 Like

i would leave them until your gut and brain agree it is time. I never want to pull early ever again.

1 Like

I hear you, I feel that although I’ve done well with my grows they haven’t been strong enough, so I’m thinking I’ve been taking them early by accident, so this time I’m more determined than ever to leave them long enough to knock me on my arse, to give me some for sleep

1 Like

Ok … just getting caught up… kinda… :wink:
What’s your question @daz49… ?
Always leave plants atleast 2 weeks longer then you think… growers edge… chop , chop … lol
I will update some pics in a hour or so on my thread… 9 weeks from light flip and more then likely 3 to 4 more to go… :wink:
Patience young grasshopper… :wink:
Much luv… :wink:
:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The question was should I go by the sugar leaves or the bud but your right I’m just gonna leave them for a couple more weeks, thanks brother

2 Likes

@daz49 if you have amber on your leaves then you should be seeing it on your buds anytime within 2-3 weeks if not and your trichomes are mostly to all cloudy I would then chop…you should see some weight gain in this time also…like @peachfuzz said patience give them more time they will not over ripen in that time…check them every day things can change quickly…I turn my lights down to 75% during this time

3 Likes

Thanks my friend, I think the overruling idea is to leave them a few more weeks so that’s what I’ll do, cheers brother

1 Like

Here are a few pictures of a white widow bud under normal light, so here’s how she’s looking

A few shots from different angles with a white background to see if she looks better

I think they are looking good enough to eat, this is just one of the white widow so no blublueberry yet

@Willd @kabongster @Zombo @Tylan @Coltfire @Capt_Seeweed @WillyJ @merlin44 @Screwauger

10 Likes

Looking good my friend :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks my brother, I thought so myself

2 Likes