Blueberry 420 mainlined. Beginner grower

Stick to the schedule, just feed more volume. Good to 1gal per feed/water.
Also if you are feeding twice a week I would suggest following the flush recommendation as per the schedule. Fox farm tends to build up salts in the pots. So follow that and you should be golden! :wink:

2 Likes

thanks for the help!

1 Like

Your plant has beautiful color and showing no signs of nute burn. Keep doing what your doing and that will b a great plant.

Will u have your new light before u flip?

1 Like

Yup, I’m planning to have the new light in a week or so and if not then I’ll still keep her in veg till I get it, I want some sense buds this time :grin:

4 Likes

You’re gonna love it. I recently picked up two of the hlg 320xl boards for my tent and my plants responded beautifully. Just be careful of the light distance. I would start out further and work my way closer to the plants and err on the side of caution. One of my 3 plants got a little light bleaching from the switch to the new boards. All I had to do was readjust the boards an inch or two higher and all good! Good luck; you’re gonna do just fine here with all the support.

1 Like

I mainlined my plants too, by the way!

2 Likes

awesome distance was a question I already had in mind for when it came! Thanks!

Any mainliners out there with suggestions I’m not sure, is it supposed to look like this? The 8 colas are starting to overshadow each other and I worry about all the nodes not getting enough light should I do some more training with the gardening wire? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Spread them out with the garden wire is abowut all you can do imho

1 Like

I’m no expert on mainlining but from what I’ve read - I believe you need to train with more wire and stakes - and do some defoliation. I have been having quite a bit of fun training my plants. LST Annonymous :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I did spread them a bit more with more wire so that each cola is facing up and not covered now, when do you add the scrog? Is it necessary?

Also what have you read about defoliating in this stage? I’m going to reference back to nugbuckets guide as well, I always get nervous removing leaves

I think aa scrog would only be needed to support the colas imo but as for defoliation and by no means am i an expert but i believe nugbuckets defoliates im doing mine different then his guideline so i have to defoliate

1 Like

How do you defoliate? Should I be removing some leaves now? Which ones to remove?

Well my plaant is gonnaa be different from yours becaause of the way we are growing if im not mistaaken nugbuckets aare the tips of the branches down the stem. Where as mine haave branches off the stem so i have to defoliate once my branching network gets about an inch long or it gets no sunlight. But defoliation in generaal is upto the grower any leaaves you dontt think are gffetting enough light or blocking to much light. Bttw nice lookingg girl

1 Like

Everyone has different opinions about defoliating. I use my common sense and take as few as possible because I’m not trying to stress the plant. I am training the plant and if some budsights are not getting the light I want them to have then I snip a leaf or two. I tagged you into my thread on a particular plant so you could see how many leaves I took and how the plant responded over a two week period. Some plants seem to take it in stride. I have found that the Super Silver Haze and Purple Haze plants I am currently growing don’t miss a beat and seem to actually love the manipulation.

2 Likes

guys I think she perked up nicely once I removed all of the gardening wires and defoliated, here are some updated pictures (sorry about the LED glow I can never time it right to get a picture right before or after the lamps turn off)
@WonkaMan

My new QB board should be here by next week. Too soon to flip her to flower or do you think she can veg out a bit longer there is ample space

5 Likes

Flipping to flower is really up to you i heard those qbs do really good really good during flower. Great looking plaant btw

1 Like

Looks good. When I mainline I always try to lst it the whole way through the stretch. I do this to try to keep an even canopy. I’ll even supercrop them in flower if they get out of line and start to become highwr than the rest.

3 Likes

@ExpertNoob

You are doing a great job and light defoliation or tucking of fan leaves will do your baby real justice. Don’t overdo the defoliation learn your plant the first time you take a few leaves and only take the ones covering other budsites. You could also LST them the whole way through stretch to really optimize your light. Go to this website grow weed easy dot com and they have tutorial on defoliating from veg to harvest with pics for comparisons. Hope this helps and don’t worry you are doing a great job and your plants are responding well. You are in great hands with everyone giving you advice but only do what works for you and your babies. Happy growing and I’m watching

1 Like