Blue light on dehumidifier

Will a small blue light on a humidifier affect the growing cycle of my plants? I covered the power light but there is still some light coming through the top of the dehumidifier!

If I can’t use it how can I lower the humidity without a dehumidifier during the dark period?

I have a dehumidifier in my room as well. I didn’t cover the power or the light that shows the humidity setting. Have not had a problem as of yet and I’m 4 weeks into flower. If you are worried just to be safe just throw a piece of tape on it before they go to bed. I don’t recommend not having one Especially in the dark. Had a problem early with the dehumidifier stopping from being full over night and rh would soar to 80% over night. Added a hose to direct drain versus the tank haven’t had a problem since keeps it perfect now

2 Likes

Someone here had a hermie because a light similar to that. Personally I don’t think it matters if its been there since day one. If you introduced it mid grow cycle I could see it being a disturbance. If there since day one the plant will establish that as being “dark” but that’s just my opinion. Some more experienced growers will chime in with the correct answer

2 Likes

Thanks, greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Greatly Appreciated!!

2 Likes

I had the same thing and I was able to wrap a dark towel around the area where the light was leaking out. I don’t take chances anymore, my first grow I did not make sure the ‘glowing’ lights were covered and the one plant nearest the dehumidifier hermied… who knows if that what it was? Could have been other factors.

2 Likes

If they are Autos it won’t really matter as much. I have heard it is better to have complete darkness on photos when it’s lights out as to prevent hermie and early flower.

2 Likes

I taped my light and I keep a towel covering all except the output port on my humidifier. It also keeps light from growing algae in the clear tanks.

3 Likes

I am of the opinion that you want zero light leak or lights from inside the tent during the dark period for photo period plants. Ideally you want to condition the room that your intake comes from as opposed to conditioning the tent. This doesn’t work for me so I deal with the humidity and focus on air flow. I have read enough Hermie threads on this site that trace back to power strip indicators, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, etc. to scare me away from messing with that. I have no personal experience with it because I did this reading before flowering my first plants. I have abused them though ( temp swings, humidity swings, aggressive defoliation, supercropping a month into flower, etc. Etc.) and no Hermie issues.

4 Likes

It may or may not cause problems. Simple enough to stick a piece of electrical tape over it just in case.

3 Likes

Thanks!