Blue LEDs during vegetative stage

First time grower here. My LED grow light says it’s “full spectrum” and only has white and red colors. It says it mimics the sun. Do I still need blue lights for the vegetative stage or is everything covered in full spectrum?

5 Likes

Hi there and welcome to your new happy place :blush: Post a pic of light please

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! what brand light and what is the wattage ? And yes normally for veg stage is blue spectrum and flowering stage is red spectrum. Full spectrum should have you covered.

2 Likes

I meant the specs, sorry

2 Likes

OK , what’s the size of the space you’re going to be growing in. I did not see the brand name or the wattage .

Brand name for web search and reading, please.
Support Ticket
Search ILGM for 2021 support ticket and fill, please.

1 Like

Hopefully this is better. The box has no name on it. Just Model: SP-1000W. Movsou is the brand. My grow area is 55.5Lx60Wx61H inches. 3 plants, each in their own 5 gallon bucket.

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto): unknown
-Age of plant: 5 weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: Miracle Grow (Bloom)
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc): plastic 5 gallon bucket
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): pH 7
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: N/A
-Method used to measure PH and TDS: pH test strips
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space: indoor/55.5Lx60Wx61H inches
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum: Brand: Movsou/full spectrum 1000W
-Actual wattage draw of lights: 100W
-Current Light Schedule: 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night: 75°-85°F
-Humidity; Day, Night: 60-70%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes, 1x2ft window
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Humidifier + De-humidifier
-Co2; Yes, No: not sure

Can you PPFD/DLI measure at top of plant in crown?
Your light?

LED lights with 1000watts at meter (1900 as sold).

4x4x6.5 tent with 20 inches from plant.
Four quad measured in middle of quad.
Suspicious of results (eguipent/methodology).
Will do better 7-18-22 with next tent wash.

1 Like

I can’t answer other than plug it in and use. Upgrade when available.

1 Like

I think you might have missed the part where I’m a first time grower. Lol! I just want to know if I need blue lights during vegetative stage or will my “full spectrum” light be sufficient. All that other jazz is foreign to me. I have not a clue of what I just read. Thank you for trying though.

1 Like

It will be fine. Too small but that can be fixed later. Full spectrum runs seed to harvest. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I went thru the same process. 2 months later I now know my flower tent is at 33 on the DLIcharting using the conversion formulas. Deceptive or creative advertising, IDK. My lights are not enough for BLASTing the bloom. My set of old and LED lights is all I got, for my first grow in years.

Yes it’s suppose to be a full spectrum light by the propaganda provided by the manufacture that is lying in there specs.

You’re going to get something out of it. Maybe surprise yourself and even some others with what you end up with. You will see a difference when you spend more on a higher quality light, but learning is part of it. We all make mistakes, and these lights won’t be your last of you keep growing. Enjoy this first run. Make your mistakes. And have fun through the process. I am running 8, yes eight, 170 watt LEDs that I got off Amazon. So thats 8 mistakes in the light department for me, and only one for you. You’re ahead of me at this point. I do plan on upgrading on the next grow even though things appear good on this one. I’m sure once I upgrade with similar or less overall wattage Im going to see the difference. I’m planning on getting 2 - 650Rspec in a few weeks, but I’m not running them till the next run because I want to really see the side by side difference with the nicer lights. Good luck, I’m a newbie also, dont let anything get you down!

20220624_142359

4 Likes

Thanx for the vote of confidence! I’m enjoying this so I’ll definitely find my niche over time learning through my mistakes. I am definitely going to buy a new light. It’ll be the next thing I purchase. Something with blue in it for the veg stage. They’re coming along nicely though. Just finished week 6 today.

2 Likes

All new equipment lined out for August 23 growing.
UT-383BT, measures light delivered.
Kil-a-watt tells power using.
IR-gun does leaf temp for VPD offset.
APera 60PH for PH measuring.
AC-I Cloudline 69P controlled.
ACI Charcoal filters for smell (if anything grows).
HLG 350R and 260R Kit, and China heaters.
Backups for all
ILGM seeds plus my Summer 2022 Bag Seeds.
Ready Freddy, but going to Disney next month.

I am amazed at hoe=w the yr=ear has developed.
Unfortunately, I chose the alternate routes and may have slowed all processes.
But I got weed and seeds (different growers.).
Current buds hanging are solid and difficult to dry, compared to previous.
Fun later.