Blue Haze Grow...also my 3rd grow

@Bulldognuts FF Soil and Coco Loco a lot of $$$ shewww

1 Like

Are you looking locally or on line. Hydro store near me has 1.5 cubic feet bag for $22.00 Amazon has it for $35.00.

1 Like

At Amazon that’s my plant shop.Have you grown in Coco Coir?

1 Like

No not yet. Considering it. Soil is a little easier for me due to time constraints. I don’t have time to water and feed every day. @Nicky is using autopots. Encouraging me to give them a try. He’s currently doing a grow with them.

2 Likes

I’ll chat with @Nicky about this also, Watering schedule is important.Ibust my ass just like the next Man!! Plant needs to agree with my schedule LOL

1 Like

Are you following his journal if not here it is.

1 Like

I agree soils a good medium to start with but once you understand the numbers game coco and autopots are the best option I think, once a week you fill/adjust your reservoir (although I suggest a larger reservoir so that you don’t have to ph it every 2 or 3 days).
I agree with @Bulldognuts amazon has terrible pricing for large things due to hidden shipping price in the cost, find a local nursery or hydro store is even better.

Only issue with coco autopots is the first 20 days you need to water every second day or so…

2 Likes

@Nicky Reservoir see I’m not totally getting that part I was thinking you treat it like soil all would be good.

Basically you have a big tub of water, the lines gravety feed to trays that the fabric pots sit in, the autopots have a dohble float that allows for flood/drain cycle. After 20 days the roots have grown through the coco and down to the base of the fabric pot to absorb the water, the water comes from the reservoir and you control the feeding by adjusting the TDS once a week.

Alot less math compared to soil and alot less labour compared to non autopots.

2 Likes

@Nicky That indeed gives me something to ponder on! In the beginning of all this you metioned a Nutrient to use for the base I can’t find that post it was something like Jack’s I think. FF base isn’t going to work for me after this grow.

Why won’t fox farms? If you already have it?

1 Like

It’s a good nutrient the plant is doing very good with it. It just takes a lot of product and a lot of PH Up which all leads to $$. When I was using Flora Grow Trio the amount used was reasonable and didn’t kill the PH as bad.

1 Like

You’re right about FF nutrients dropping ph after adding to water. My ph will go from 7.5 to mid 4’s after adding.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts Exactly, I ordered a gal. of Up last night going to need it!

1 Like

Yep, I bought a gallon container last time I was in hydro store. They had it a couple dollars cheaper than Amazon.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @Nicky So the big question is can one get decent results for less overall $

That’s a question for @Nicky. Like you I’m at the point of considering it. Hell,I’m just trying to get to the end of current grow without any disasters. :grin:

2 Likes

LOL…I’m with ya

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @Nicky I’m focused on the next grow trying to make a reasonable plan.

1 Like

Well good results for less money just means controlling alot of variables. Investment up front means yes, totally.
Dry nutes like Jack’s are cheap and produce good results so I hear, my chemgro is good and super cheap compared to anything liquid that’s on sale such as Remo/AN/blueplanet, teknaflora.

As for autopots they are a type of hydro so I have heard that they grow great results and at the very least slighly better than non autopots. Although I wouldn’t say for cheaper since you use more water/nutes and have to pay the price to buy autopots.all in all I think running dry nutes, in autopots along with LED’s is the way to go. Ideally clones.

1 Like