Blue dreams hydroponics

Hello friends! I have never grown indoor hydroponics before and I am thinking getting a 4 feet tall (about 121cm) grow tent called “Yield Machine MAX” to grown a plant or two of my favorite of all: Blue Dream. I’m a little nervous but it comes with all the lights and equipment so for a newbie like me hopefully I will be able to figure it out.

So my first question is: I read that Blue Dreams are said to grow pretty tall, will the plants adjust/fit in that box?
And the second question is if anyone knows that brand of box and recommends it?
Thanks and have a great weekend

1 Like

I had one of those boxes, honestly I would rather have a tent. You can lst and top you’re plant to help with height but it’s going to be jammed. My main problem is it didn’t block the smell which was a huge headache. If I ever had another one I would only grow small auto plants in it. If you get it for a decent price that’s good but I wouldn’t spend a whole lot on it if I were you.

1 Like

Buy everything separate. You’ll save money and those boxes are junk really. Get a 3x3x6 tent for $50 off Amazon then your lights carbon filter inline fan, they sell those together with everything you neef

1 Like

Thank you guys, I’m so lost and the box was the easy route but with your recommendations I might be able to make something realistic

I’m glad I asked about the height too! So what do you all think of this:
TopoLite Grow Tent Room Complete Kit Hydroponic Growing System LED 600W Grow Light + 6" Carbon Filter Combo + 36"X36"X72" Dark Room (LED600W+36"X36"X72"+6" Filter Combo)

Buy a tent that as high as the room your putting it in or you’ll be sorry

3 Likes

You can start with just the tent and light and buy the carbon filter when the plants get older. what kind of hydroponics are you going to run?

1 Like

Keep in mind EVERYTHING except the auto’s will grow 2 times taller once you go to flower. And, the light hanging down will take up head room as well. Reducing the available height. Watching them grow is great, until they grow so tall they touch the lights with the sweetest growing spot on the plant.

Most rooms are 10’ tall. A 7’ or 8’ tent will work ok. Controlling the heat is a major factor…if too hot the plants will stretch big time. I strongly suggest you go with auto’s as the light schedule won’t be a factor. Plus you will have a harvest sooner. Several auto’s have a super big central cola and few side branches n leaves. This works well for small spaces. You can buy the 4’x4’x72" for just a few more dollars…if you have the space to take it.
***get a PH n PPM meter set…Amazon or Ebay have bunches at around $20. Asking for major trouble if you don’t keep control of PH…

1 Like

This is an autoflower

with 3 more weeks to go in a 4x4x8 tent , plus you’ll need room for ventilation (Fan, Filter) above the lights. I got a tent then realize I need two then realize I needed one more to dry in

1 Like

If still buy everything separate. If you plan on using leds, I would suggest you build your own or get the roleadro leds. A few of use on here use them and have had great results with them

1 Like

Woww you are all so helpful, thanks a bunch!! Boardsbird I love the picture! I DO have space, the only thing that was keeping me down to a small box was the price. I am finally decided on the 4x4x8 tent to give the plant plenty of space to grow. I already ordered the blue dream fem seeds, I don’t think they are auto but i dont mind doing the switch, (still have not received them and getting set up). Hornhead For the LED should I go 600W or 1200w? And, hum… type of hydrosystem? Great question! The easiest one let’s say? (Nb:I heard you thinking “Ohhh… boy…”) :wink:

2 Likes

I’d still get more 300w units than one large one

You’ll probably want to go with a 5gal dwc bucket with an air pump. I have my WWA in a 3.5 gal bucket. I use Mars Hydro lights with pretty good success. The 300w is only $67.99 on amazon with 132 true watts. The relandro light is only $70 which is not bad either. I’m currently vegging three plants with one 300w Mars Hydro. This pic is from eight days ago they are much bigger now. Do you know what nutrient line you are going to use? @Bluedreams

1 Like

Looking good! Do you think you will need additional light when they grow or will your 300w do it all the way for the 3? For the nutrients, no idea yet! Any good brand name to recommend?

When I get to flower I will need stronger lights but they are going to be seperated in there own tents by then. This tent is 2x2.5 so I would need another 300w to get decent Sq ft. If I were to flower in it. One of my 3x3 tents have 2 600w Mars hydro and one has a 720w and a 300w. Check out my journal.

1 Like

Yeah I only use 1/2 "One switch turned off " 600W/165w LED to grow in a 3x3 tent but flower with 2X 1200w/260w and 1X 600w/165w in a 4x4 tent

EZ to grow big plants, harder to grow big buds

1 Like

Ohh I see , so im going to get 2 of 600w (starting with just one, then 2), that should be good hopefully.

What about the nutrients, is that something good to get?

1 Like

Yes that’s what I started out with it will get the job done. You should get some calimagic too. I’m now using advanced nutrients.

I have a general hydroponic feeding chart somewhere on my journal.

2 Likes

Also do you have a ph pen and a ppm pen? You’re going to need it!

1 Like

This is what happened in my 4" grow box first real grow lmao!

c4485b780e6a6a532e25840e8672641f8f239894_1_281x500

1 Like

I have a 3 x 3 x 60 grow tent, and use a Phlizon, triple chip 1500w LED. Amazon $134.00, I am growing in pots, but this light seems to work perfectly for this size tent.

3 Likes