Blue Dream seeds germinated, however, with a very weak root system, almost non-existent

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“I have Amnesia Haze and Blue Dream seeds. My issue is the Blue Dream seeds germinated, however, with a very weak root system, almost non-existent. The Amnesia Haze, planted at the same time and under the same conditions as the BD, are hardy and thriving. The Blue Dream has been transplanted and still alive, but doubt they will be very productive unlike the AH, which is growing (pardon the pun) like a weed. I’m not a botanist, so don’t know why it is so inferior. Maybe you have an idea. I am an inside grower, using specialized, pre-mixed soil. All seeds I’ve purchased from you were germinated using the Purple Reign system, with rapid rooter, and placed on a heated mat with a humidity dome (55% humidity). Lights were on 18 hours and off 6 hours. Have germinated successfully with this system, although not all the seeds I’ve purchased from you germinate. In fact, this time one of the Blue Dream’s roots were too weak to break through rapid rooter. Both varieties sprouted quickly, were transferred to one gallon pots, kept on a heat mat and under light, again 18 hours on and 6 hours off, with 55 % humidity. After two weeks in one gallon pots, they were transplanted into 5 gallon pots. I noticed then that while the Amnesia Haze roots were hardy and growing vigorously, the Blue Dream roots were barely spreading and were weak. By comparison the Haze roots had spread to the edges of the one gallon pots. The Blue Dream leaves began to curl under while the Amnesia Haze continued to flourish. Both varieties grown in the same growing medium, in the same tent, under the same conditions. In the photo below, the Amnesia Haze is in the back on the right side. The other three are Blue Dream and I don’t think the two in front will live. I don’t use CO2 and with misting, I can keep the humidity at a consistent level. If humidity becomes too high, the tents are opened until corrected. My opinion is the Blue Dream seeds were inferior. What do you think?”

1 Like

Never grown blue dream but your amnesia will be big girls. During veg i kept my humidity much higher between 60-70% and down to 40-50% flower & 40% late flower. Look & see what blue dream prefers. She may like it humid.

1 Like

Some strains are less tolerant of environmental conditions. There are many variables. I am not familiar with the purple rein method of germination, so no help there. Could it possible be related to the pH of the water versus the optimal pH for the soil or growing medium?

Are you removing the chlorine/ chlormamine from your water before using it?

Join the forum and do a grow journal. I’m sure we could help you get those girls back on track!

It sounds like your water and soil might be to cold… just throwing it out there… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz 100% on that point. They really like to be warm!

1 Like